cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I raise my frequency settings?

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Guys
I've just done my Benchmark and I need some answers.
I've included a comparison screenie of fairly similar scores and noticed my memory frequency is very low compared to other scores. My dimms are in my system specs. The question is, How do I set this higher in the BIOS and which settings to change such as voltages and bus frequencies. Any recommendations? i'm a total rookie when it comes to overclocking.

We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]
16 REPLIES 16

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Hey hey mate, got your email. Will have a proper read soon. I guess one way you can raise the Memory frequency is just raise the frequency its self and leave the timings on Auto. When you reboot it will automatically set timings for you. If it doesn't boot, it will give an OC error, just go into BIOS and notch the DRAM voltage a bit at a time until you get a successful post and then go from there. Did you read the Memory Tweaking PDF in my Education Center thread? if not, have a browse through it, it'll help a lot

Cheers Myk, Yea I read some but which of them do I read?. Just wasn't too sure till I talked to you. Shes running sweat at the moment and I didn't want to stuff things up.
When you say a bit at a time, what like .05 volts or less? and what if I don't get a successful post, Will the Bios reset to default values, or what?
Did you see my ranking at Realbench?, What do you think?

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

X-ROG
Level 15
I can't remember exactly but the C5FZ should have XMP support. Try selecting that option in the BIOS and it should boost up your memory clock to 933 = 1866, along with voltages automatically.

Firstly - use OC profile in the BIOS to save your current settings. Then try the new settings. If it doesn't work, press the clear CMOS button on the rear IO, then when it does boot again reload your OC profile and try again.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
I can't remember exactly but the C5FZ should have XMP support. Try selecting that option in the BIOS and it should boost up your memory clock to 933 = 1866, along with voltages automatically.

Firstly - use OC profile in the BIOS to save your current settings. Then try the new settings. If it doesn't work, press the clear CMOS button on the rear IO, then when it does boot again reload your OC profile and try again.

Thanks MarshllR@ASUS, Nice to see you on and thanks for your input, and I will try what you say. Saving a profile is a good option that I had not discovered as yet.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

Chino
Level 15
On the main Extreme Tweaker tab, scroll down to Ai Overclock Tuner. Change it to D.O.C.P. That's the equivalent of XMP on the Crosshair motherboards.

Chino wrote:
On the main Extreme Tweaker tab, scroll down to Ai Overclock Tuner. Change it to D.O.C.P. That's the equivalent of XMP on the Crosshair motherboards.

THAT'S what it was. Couldn't remember.

You're running your 1866 memory at 1966(983*2) so you're already overclocked above your rated frequency.

You could push your CPU's memory controller (uncore) as it's only running at 2.4GHz. Last time I played with an AM3+ CPU though was ~1100T and they topped out at ~2.8GHz, so I've no idea if the OC margin has improved with subsequent generations.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
THAT'S what it was. Couldn't remember.

You're running your 1866 memory at 1966(983*2) so you're already overclocked above your rated frequency.

You could push your CPU's memory controller (uncore) as it's only running at 2.4GHz. Last time I played with an AM3+ CPU though was ~1100T and they topped out at ~2.8GHz, so I've no idea if the OC margin has improved with subsequent generations.

o.O you must have had a reaaaaaaally bad 1100T to have it clock at less than the stock speed of 3.3/3.7 turbo 😛

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
o.O you must have had a reaaaaaaally bad 1100T to have it clock at less than the stock speed of 3.3/3.7 turbo 😛

No, the uncore, not CPU frequency.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
No, the uncore, not CPU frequency.

My bad, sorry I had to Google it to figure out what the heck you were on about. Funny thing is; i've only heard of it since Haswell came out lol.