New ROGer Array

Crosshair Formula IV Driver for ethernet controller

I'm trying to connect my rig with an ethernet cable but it will not work. I went to device manager and under other devices there was the "Ethernet Controller" listed with an exclamation mark next to it. I tried updating it but it says "Windows could not find driver software for your device." I've tried looking everywhere for the drivers so I could manually install them, I tried downloading a couple I found through the forums that were linked to the Intel website but they didn't work because I have an AMD. I cannot seem to find the right driver. I could use all the help I can get at the moment. Thank you

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array TheNerdBench's Avatar

Sorry I was hoping that someone else would post who has this motherboard board as I have no idea what Ethernet controller is used on your board.

With that said I would take a look at the manual and see what model Ethernet controller is on your board. Once that is determined you can go to the manufacture's website and locate the driver for you OS version.

Please note that currently there is some issues with certain Microsoft OS (please include key information in future posts if needed) such as Windows 8.1 (which already has a pretty long post for the CFV).

Post back with more questions.

For trouble-shooting tips see my blog at:

http://thenerdbench.blogspot.com/p/bench-testing.html

MB: Crosshair V Formula-Z • CPU: FX-8350 • GPU: Asus Matrix R9 280x • RAM: 8GB of Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer (1866)• PSU: Thermaltake DPS Thoughpower 750 Watt • CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio Advanced • Keyboard: TT Sports Challanger Ultimate • Mouse: TT Sports Black Element • Case: Thermaltake GT Level 10

ROG Member Array

The Crosshair IV Formula mother board uses the Marvell 88E8059 Gigabit LAN controller per the Asus website. So click here: http://www.marvell.com/support/downloads/search.do
    to go to the Marvell download site and choose the driver that covers your OS and this model LAN.
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | AMD FX 8350 | G.Skill TridentX 2400 16G | Asus Matrix GTX 580 Platinum | Sandisk Extreme SSD 480GB | SB X-Fi Titanium HD | Asus VG248QE | Corsair AX860i PSU | Lian-Li PC-V1200 | Win 7 Pro x64 | Zalman CNPS 9900 Maxx