Thread: Q code AE

ROG Member Array

Q code AE

After purchasing a Hero V I months back, I was informed after several post that most likely I had a faulty mb. The moderator was correct, and RMA was issued and a new MB was sent to me. It's worked great for the past 5 months. Today, while on my PC, I went to get a refreshment from the kitchen, came back and my pc had rebooted itself, and was stuck in the bios screen. I checked the Q code display, and it was now displaying the code AE. Not sure what it meant, I tried to reboot it, but to no avail, PC boots directly back to the bios and displays the error code AE. Pc has been running fantastic, and now, out of the blue this! Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

August

ROG Guru: White Belt Array clubfoot PC Specs
    clubfoot PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS VI HERO
    ProcessorIntel i7 4770K
    Memory (part number)G. Skill Trident X F3-2400C10D-16GTX
    Graphics Card #1MSI7950
    Graphics Card #2MSI7950
    Sound Cardonboard
    MonitorBenQ XL2420Z
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 250 RAID0
    Storage #2Seagate 600SSD 250
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i
    CaseAntec DF-85
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard AZIKO MGK1
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset SteelSeries Siberia V2
    Mouse Pad Razer Kabuto
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterASUS RTN-56U

According to you Hero User Guide Manual " Legacy Boot event".

With the PC off, disconnect the power cord to the power supply, open the case, remove the motherboard battery and reset the CMOS using the jumper at the bottom of the motherboard. Leave the jumper on for a few seconds. return the jumper to the normal position, install the battery, reconnect the power cord and start your PC.

Is the error code still displayed?
    The Asus Maximus VI Hero Club

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO, i4770K@4.5, Corsair H100i, 16G G.Skill Trident X @2400, MSI7950 xFire, C: Samsung EVO 250G SSD RAID0, BenQ XL2420Z, LG BD burner, Corsair RM1000i, Antec DF-85.