cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering buying a ROG G750, help!

metalmike28
Level 7
Hello all, I recently purchased a Lenovo Y510p with GT755 SLI however the temperature is insane on this thing, you could cook an egg on the keyboard. I've search a lot of forums and apparently that machine has some serious heat problems. While playing games like Diablo 3 and The Witcher 2, my gpus would go up anywhere from 98-102C. If I opt to return it, are temperatures like this something I can expect on the new rogs as well? If I spend 1000+ on a new computer I would hope it would last a few years, as opposed to dying out with in a year due to extreme heat. Thanks in advance!
8 REPLIES 8

HomieOC
Level 7
ASUS Has best cooling by far, then anyone i know! I average 52 c at idle... and 78 c on average under titanfall, and max load.. the max temp my gpu hit was 84 c which i think is good. I recommend you visit the thread i made today.. why? Because theres pics of benchmarks of temperature of gpu under 100% load.. go through the 3 pages.. and u will say yes to buying it 🙂

only way you will get temperatures that hot is if you overclock..

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?46528-whats-a-safe-gpu-temperature&country=&status=

heres mine under load.,36013

Thank you! Temps as high as I get with my current machine are seriously worrying, considered it's marketed as a gaming laptop, you'd think they would cool it efficiently enough to actually be one. I've contacted Newegg and they've issued me a return slip, once I get the refund I'll be the proud new owner of an ASUS machine.

HomieOC
Level 7
Yeah, 100 is bad lol. anyways, look here before buying 🙂 http://promos.asus.com/us/g-series/G750/

they have a killer deal on newegg... i got the fastest one for $2,300 before tax

also, you will need a GPU with atleast 3 gb VRAM to run titanfall on INSANE settings 🙂 just a warning

GottiBoi55
Level 10
I would go with the G750JZ, this model has the "flagship" mobile Nvidia Geforce GTX-880M card.
Asus has the best in cooling design IMHO, in Furmark bench, my card didn't get any higher than 80c in a 15 minute stress test.
Now that's great cooling, don't you thinks?
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

GottiBoi55 wrote:
I would go with the G750JZ, this model has the "flagship" mobile Nvidia Geforce GTX-880M card.
Asus has the best in cooling design IMHO, in Furmark bench, my card didn't get any higher than 80c in a 15 minute stress test.
Now that's great cooling, don't you thinks?

GottiBoi55, what was the ambient temperature during your run(s)?

Can you please post the score results of the 15m test, and the shorter benchmark test in this thread:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?46528-whats-a-safe-gpu-temperature&p=395550&viewfull=1#post...

It would be nice to get a result from the JZ to compare to the JH runs I posted there. Thanks!

I'm currently looking at the JS that has the GTX870m, $1800 is around the top of my budget.. However, it seems like this machine will perform loads better than the Lenovo I'm returning.

metalmike28 wrote:
I'm currently looking at the JS that has the GTX870m, $1800 is around the top of my budget.. However, it seems like this machine will perform loads better than the Lenovo I'm returning.

It's a good choice metalmike28, even the GTX860m will perform better for $500 less, and for only $500 more the GTX880m will keep you in Max settings game play for a couple of years. I had the JW/JX, and now have the JH, and all of them have been excellent - and quiet 🙂

Let us know what you end up getting, and how it works out for you 🙂

metalmike28
Level 7
Thanks for your help everyone!