cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for tutorial on overclocking r4be bsclk in increments

Prisoner
Level 7
Hey to All,

I have combed these forums looking for instructions on incrementing the base clock on my R4BE. Either I can't find what I am looking or I don't know what I am looking for; either way I need some guidance.
So if anyone has a step by step for me i would appreciate it.

Regards,

Prisoner
8 REPLIES 8

meankeys
Level 13
Prisoner Welcome to the ROG

A list of your systems spec's would be helpful.

Thanks for the welcome Meankeys, cool name btw.
ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
Intel i7 3970X
G-Skill Ripjaws Z Series 32 GB F3-19200C10-8GBZHD
Corsiar AXi 1200i PSU
Phanteks PH-TC14PE 140mm CPU Cooler
2 X Samsung 840 Pro Series SSD 256GB
2 X EVGA Geforce 780 Ti Superclocked 3GB w/ACX Cooler
Corsiar Obsidian 900D

meankeys
Level 13
Thanks Prisoner

Now what are you trying to do. With air cooling your overclock will be limited to your temp.

1. install core temp or real temp (temp. monitoring software) and CPUZ if you haven't already
2. set vcore voltage to offset.
3. set your memory to the XMP profile
4. up your multiplier 1 step at a time starting @ 42 watch your temps under load - Use RealBench (Benchmark not stress test) to test stability
5. Have Fun

Prisoner
Level 7
Thanks for the reply MK.
I realize that I am limited to what the cooler can do. I am trying to get an understanding of how the math works, etc.
BTW do the strap and clock have to be the same value?
What I am trying to do is adjust the overall base clock. Incrementing it a little at a time.

Prisoner wrote:
Thanks for the reply MK.
I realize that I am limited to what the cooler can do. I am trying to get an understanding of how the math works, etc.
BTW do the strap and clock have to be the same value?
What I am trying to do is adjust the overall base clock. Incrementing it a little at a time.

Not sure what you mean? but it goes like this

Blk freq X multiplier - 100 x 45 = 4500 MHz - Keep in mind that changing your block freq will also change your memory freq.
Using the 125 strap your block freq will be 125 x your multiplier. So one would think that using the 125 strap x 38 multi = 4750 MHz allowing you to get a higher clock and use a lower voltage. As apposed to 101 blk x 47 muti = 4750 MHz At least on paper.

Nackers
Level 15
Hi mate, There's a lot of youtube clips that will help you, They helped me.. here's a link to one, there's 3 parts to it that I found helpful, it's not a ROG uefi bios but it's a Asus bios and which is all most the same.. He rambles on a bit in the first clip of 3 but still worth watching all 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcOOMqZycHE

Prisoner
Level 7
Thanks for the replies fellas I appreciate it. Time for me to put the information to use.
I will let you know how it goes.

Prisoner