cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The keys of laptop(touchpad and space) are jingling.

Disciple_dv
Level 7
Hi guys, i have problem with my new asus g750j.
The keys of laptop(touchpad and space) are jingling displeasingly when speakers are on average volume.
Please, check you r750 with this test and reply about result
Now i decide to give back my r750 or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvBtQmY2B5I

Thanks

p.s. sorry for my english 🙂
13 REPLIES 13

hmscott
Level 12
Disciple.dv wrote:
Hi guys, i have problem with my new asus g750j.
The keys of laptop(touchpad and space) are jingling displeasingly when speakers are on average volume.
Please, check you r750 with this test and reply about result
Now i decide to give back my r750 or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvBtQmY2B5I

Thanks

p.s. sorry for my english 🙂

You are joking, right? 🙂

Those tones aren't enough to jingle the keys..

The keys don't jingle - and if they do jingle I can't hear them because the speaker volume is up too high 🙂

Do you mean the keys vibrate?

hmscott wrote:
You are joking, right? 🙂

Those tones aren't enough to jingle the keys..

The keys don't jingle - and if they do jingle I can't hear them because the speaker volume is up too high 🙂

Do you mean the keys vibrate?

No, my keys vibrate and jingle very loudly 😞
It's like anything corrected, or easier to change a laptop?

Disciple.dv wrote:
No, my keys jingle very loudly 😞
It's like anything corrected, or easier to change a laptop?

For a physical problem like that it will take an RMA to Asus or a return to where you bought it.

You might want to check the next G750 you purchase at the seller before you leave. I haven't seen this problem, but it might be the way the new keyboards are made - your next laptop might do the same.

You could do what I do, not for the same reason, but if you put the white clothe that comes on the keyboard in place, ir might dampen the key jingle... I keep it on the keyboard to keep dust off the keyboard since I use an external keyboard / trackpad / mouse.

Disciple_dv
Level 7
Thank for your help, hmscott. I will return this laptop seller

Disciple.dv wrote:
Thank for your help, hmscott. I will return this laptop seller

Sorry to hear that Disciple.dv, that is the most unusual reason I have heard so far for a return. I hope you find one that doesn't jingle...

Disciple_dv
Level 7
thanks for your help, hmscott. I will return this laptop to seller.

mickym
Level 7
This is why i returned my Alienware 18 as I'm not able to watch a movie or play a game without the whole chassis is vibrating and this even with a volume of 30%. This is completely unacceptable. I have ordered an ROG 750JZ now and I hope so much that the chassis of the ROG 750 is so stable that you can hear a movie or a game at least to 80% of max without any vibrations of the chassis and that loudspeakers an subwoofer are well isolated from the chassis and i have to read this now 😞

mickym wrote:
This is why i returned my Alienware 18 as I'm not able to watch a movie or play a game without the whole chassis is vibrating and this even with a volume of 30%. This is completely unacceptable. I have ordered an ROG 750JZ now and I hope so much that the chassis of the ROG 750 is so stable that you can hear a movie or a game at least to 80% of max without any vibrations of the chassis and that loudspeakers an subwoofer are well isolated from the chassis and i have to read this now 😞

mickym, my G750JH doesn't jingle, even with high volume and subwoofer output. 🙂

hmscott wrote:
mickym, my G750JH doesn't jingle, even with high volume and subwoofer output. 🙂

Great - so ordered my G750 - and it will arrive tomorrow, but i have to pick it up on Thursday - so I hope I will have the same quality as yours. Many thanks - so I guess @Disciple.dv is an exception and it was bad luck. 😞