cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing RAM module after the repairs

majidalig
Level 7
Hello

I had recently sent my G53S for repairs which I bought it back in 2011 from xoticpc.com and had a 4 GB of extra RAM installed on it.

When the graphics card finally gave up (after having intermittent black screens for almost 2 years), I finally sent it for repairs.
Well they charged me for the out of warranty repairs and replaced the motherboard. They did mention that they have also replaced
my custom keyboard which had some bad keys (so nice of them). What they did not mention is that they are returning the notebook with only 12 GBs of RAM.

I got it back yesterday and it worked fine. When I realized that I am missing 4 GBs of RAM, I immediately called them up. Guess what, suddenly their system was not available for them to escalate the issue. And the smug tone of the customer representative was surprising to me. They should know that I would have to send the notebook back and probably would take another 2 weeks or so even if they agree to return my own RAM. There is a big IF and I would love to know about anything to get more attention from the Asus support.

Regards
Majid
1 REPLY 1

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi Majid,

Sorry to hear the repair did not go better.
Did you fill out a parts checklist before you sent back your notebook?
You may want to continue working with ASUS support, but feel free to send me a PM at cl-Albert with your RMA number and any case numbers if you want me to look into it from my end.

Not sure if it would have been better to go back to xoticpc.com this time if they upgraded your unit, but you may also want to check with your store to to see if they can offer any help since they probably work with ASUS RMA as well.

Sincerely,

Albert