cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Laptop (Need Help ASAP)

itherr_
Level 7
So yesterday i was trying to move my files to a diffrent storage on my laptop, and during this my laptop crashed (I wasnt home at the time) And now ive lost all my files, all my games (200gb+ worth) and what seems to be alot of neccesary programs originally installed when i bought it.

Ive tried system restore to the 24/4/14 but that gives me a message saying it does not work (after it taking 40 minutes to do) Ive tried this twice.

If anyone has any ideas to restore ALL of my games, and software id be more then grateful.

(Side note) I keep getting this message when i turn it on and off or after a restore http://i.imgur.com/BxKLDwH.png

Thanks to anyone who provides answers!
3 REPLIES 3

X-ROG
Level 15
When you say lost - how? HDD crash? Is the HDD faulty? Did you reinstall Windows?

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
When you say lost - how? HDD crash? Is the HDD faulty? Did you reinstall Windows?

Well its a 5 month old laptop, i cant imagine its faulty or anything, i do not know what happened, the laptop was on charge and i came home to a black screen.

I can still do everything on my laptop but i do not know if i am missing anything because of this error. I dont want to try and re install windows until i know i can not 100% back track to a date before this happened (Keep in mind recovery isnt working so something more in depth)

Tokens210
Level 10
HDDs are very good but can actually fail at anytime, most like WD drive have built in software that'll tell you on boot, lol I have a prebuilt dell with a WD HDD that's been telling me the HDD is failing and to replace it for over 3 years now lol

First I'd say run CHKDSK or check disk on the drive assuming there are no errors

Then you can look into windows repair files

Then look into the cmd prompt SFC its windows built in secure file checker, look into it before trying it as it can actually crash the system and it then won't boot

By the message you posted my guess is something evolving your windows which was probly an OEM install is messed up, also including this I'm guessing your HDD originally had a backup/restore partition which probly was where some of the OEM stuff as well as your restores were probly stored in which case if it was damaged it would explain the restore not working and the message

If you got disks with the PC, they should include most of the software that came in the PC, this is a toss up tho as in the past few years companies have opted to not include said disks but to sell them to make more $$, not all them do it but only you would know if you got disks with it

I'm no expert, all guesses from my experiences

Also I know it sucks but if you do have the disks and run out of options a reinstall will most likely give you more of your PC back as you'll be able to choose what gets inatalled from the disks instead of all of it being there by default, also any mucked up stuff would be brand new, as well as anything you may have downloaded before then removed will now deff be gone cause as most ppl know deleting things on a PC sometimes actually does nothing but make u unable to see the files while there actually still there
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo