cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX Wi-Fi card swap completed successfully with Intel 7260 AC Wi-Fi card

lieutenantdan
Level 7
OK. I just completed swapping out the factory installed Broadcom AC Wi-Fi card with the Intel 7260 AC Wi-Fi card. Definitely worth the swap. Wi-Fi is about 20% faster and I now max out the signal (5 bars) on all channels and frequencies. Got card from Newegg. Also swapped out my memory while I had the laptop apart. Running 32 gb of Team 1600/11/1.5v memory. Also from Newegg. Swap was a snap. Take your time and do not force anything. Time was approximately one hour start to finish. Uninstall your old drivers and card first in Windows Device Manager. Also, download Intel drivers to your SSD or thumb drive before starting.
2 REPLIES 2

DominZ
Level 7
I can't complain about Broadcom 802.11ac WiFi module in my G75VX, as it runs very fast and I have full signal in the whole house. Maybe it depends of your router (I am currently using Asus DSL-N55U) or amount of other networks around you (I don't have even one except mine). So in my case swapping WiFi module is just a waste of money.
In case of RAM - 8 gigs is enough for now, but I bought two 2GB Elpida brand new modules removed from my friend's MacBook Pro and they work fine. I paid for these around 17$ so it was a real bargain for me 🙂

DirtTrash78
Level 7
lieutenantdan wrote:
OK. I just completed swapping out the factory installed Broadcom AC Wi-Fi card with the Intel 7260 AC Wi-Fi card. Definitely worth the swap. Wi-Fi is about 20% faster and I now max out the signal (5 bars) on all channels and frequencies. Got card from Newegg. Also swapped out my memory while I had the laptop apart. Running 32 gb of Team 1600/11/1.5v memory. Also from Newegg. Swap was a snap. Take your time and do not force anything. Time was approximately one hour start to finish. Uninstall your old drivers and card first in Windows Device Manager. Also, download Intel drivers to your SSD or thumb drive before starting.

How were you able to get everything working without issues?? I did everything exactly the same way, removing drivers first and having new drivers readily available, and I'm having bluetooth issues. I have done a lot of research on this issue but mine seems to differ from those of others. It seems as though everyone else with bluetooth issues just find that the bluetooth installs as a generic bluetooth device and Intel drivers do nothing to remedy this. My issue is that once I install the AC drivers it completely disables my bluetooth. And even when installed in reverse, installing bluetooth drivers before WiFi, same thing happens bluetooth just disappears.

I'm going to put the factory card back in until someone else that had my similar issue can chime in and tell me what they did to remedy their situation.

-Semper Fi
Stay Low Move Fast Kill First Die Last...OOORAH!!!