cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procyon II - Liquid Cooling Conversion Complete

rjbarker
Level 11
Been a blast putting the Liquid Cooling Loop together, I purchased this 900D month agowith full intentions of going this route!

Absolutely tired of setting up Fan Profiles for my GPU's only to constantly see obscene Temps and loud wailing fans.

So its done:
Didnt go to crazy -

2 x XSPC EX 360 Rads - both push / pull: only require 50% Fan Speed, so very quiet.
Top Rad Exhaust / Bottom Rad Intake
Photon 170 D5 Vario Pump / Res Combo
EK Supremacy CPU Block
2 x EK Full Blocks w Backplates on the 780Ti's
Fesser UV Blue Tubing 3/8" ID 5/8" OD
Crap load of Bitspower black fittings
Using clear Fesser 1 Coolant

I'm also running 3 x 120mm Silverstone Penetrators in the Front of the Case (Intakes) and a Gelid Wing 140mm top back Intake - really want to stick to Positive Pressure!!

All Fans running off of a Lamptron FC 9 - 4 Channel 200W Fan Controller (50W per Channel)

780Ti's - OC'd Core +160 Mhz / Memory +275 Mhz - Boosts to 1270 Mhz
Looping Heaven 4.0 for 30 min:
Max GPU Temps: GPU#1 47c / GPU#2 45c

CPU: 4.8 Ghz Offset +.075v Max vcore under full load 1.385v
Max Temp on one of the 6 Cores 72c

Ambient room temp: 23c

Anyhow, in the Fall when I do my first liquid change I'm going to install another 240mm Rad, RIVE Mobo XSPC Block and the D5 Vario Bitspower Modding Kit!!!

Cheers and tanks for stopping by:

RJ

7 REPLIES 7

Melting_Point
Level 10
Good work. That's a pretty quick 3930K you have there.

You should have some sort of active cooling on your VRM. It'll get very hot if you hammer your CPU at that speed.
Motherboard: RIVE (3602 bios)
CPU: Intel 3930K @4646MHz
OS Drive: 2 X Samsung 840 PRO (Raid 0)
Storage Drive: 2 X 1.5TB WD Caviar Black RAID 0, 2 X 3TB WD Caviar Red, Kingston V100 256GB SSD
Memory: 64GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z (F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX580 @795MHz - 1536MB GDDR5
PSU: OCZ ZX1250
Cooling: Phantek PH-TC14PE

rjbarker
Level 11
The top / rear 120mm Fan is set as "Intake" to blow fresh air over that portion of the Mobo...should be fine, before this Custom Loop I had the CPU cooled with a Swiftech H320 Cooler and the Chip running at 4.9 Ghz with Offset +.090v (under full load vcore was 1.43v).

I am planning on adding a Mobo Block to the Loop in the Fall when I drain / change coolant 😉

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Nice one rj! nice loop you have there and good temps too!

like the EVGA SLI bridge! tried to get ROG to make one once but they wouldn't:(

🙂

rjbarker
Level 11
^^^^ Thanks Arne....learned lots with this 1st Loop...got a good appreciation for knowing now what Fittings work best, when to install lengths of "rough cut" Tubing onto the Rad / Fittings prior to install Rad etc......

I just swapped out the top / rear Gelid Fan for a Noctua Series 140mm Fan (1500 RPM)....placed some 1/2" spacers between the Fan and the Intake grill....way better, now I can pucsh that Fan up, get really nice air flow over the Boards VRM / Mosfets without an annoying "whine" sound 😉

rjbarker
Level 11
My new XSPC RX 480 v3 Rad arrived today, so in a couple of weeks will be:
Swapping out top EX 360 Rad for RX 480 Rad
Adding another EX 240 below with the EX 360
Re-configure the Loop to support changes

Not looking for big improvement with Temps, just looking to get away from push / pull and get this Rig as quiet as possible 😉

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Getting into this water-cooling stuff much rj? 😉

rjbarker
Level 11
I'm going to change my Signature to:

"Introducing me n my OCD to WC'ing is like taking an Alcoholic to anall you can drink beach bar in Mexico"

😉