cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I be worried?

BullHorn
Level 7
I'm not overclocking my computer like mad but I thought I have a pretty strong computer and expected a much higher score. Is there a 'guide' that could tell me approximately what score a certain computer should achieve?

I'm running an i5 4670K OC'd to 4.3GHz (2 cores 4.3, 2 cores 4.2), Crucial Ballistix OC'd to 1866MHz 8-8-8-24 and a MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr also slightly OC'd via Afterburner (+75MHz clock, +300MHz memory, although it caps out at 80c and down-clocks)

I barely managed to reach 60k and I'm just worried that something is causing a massive bottleneck... Such a computer should probably reach a higher score?
6 REPLIES 6

IM2L844
Level 12
From what little I understand, RealBench is configured to give less weight to Graphics and more to overall system performance. I think a lot of people are disappointed that superior graphics performance doesn't always make up the difference as expected. It's all still a bit of a mystery to me, but I know there was a lot of discussion about how the GPUs performance would be factored in. These guys stay pretty busy, but maybe Nodens or MarshallR can give you some insight on how scores are balanced if they get a spare couple of minutes.

GoosNL
Level 9
No you should not be worried.

there is more to realbench than just the hardware. my pc -> 4670K + 1600mhz 9-9-9-somthing + gtx 780 gives me a baseline score of ± 62k ~ 64k. i got it up to 76k just by tweaking windows and other software things.
look at the tweaks & tips how to...

(searching the leaderboard)
your at 66k! that's good. Now see how far you can get with software mod's!
| Asus VI Hero | 4670K + h100i | 16gb G.Skill tridentX 2400 | Asus DcII gtx780oc |
| and a Asus front base | 83360 realbench

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Speaking of tips and tweaks 😉 check the thread in my Sig for extra help on how to boost your scores 🙂

BullHorn
Level 7
I don't really care about the score. I just worried that my system is pretty mid-high range but was only getting around 50% of what the top guys were getting.

I'm playing ARMA3 and DayZ and those games have terrible performance...

BullHorn wrote:
I don't really care about the score. I just worried that my system is pretty mid-high range but was only getting around 50% of what the top guys were getting.

I'm playing ARMA3 and DayZ and those games have terrible performance...

Those guys with 90k have extremely tweaked systems: 5GHz 8-thread CPUs and very fast memory. It's not really a game test benchmark, yet, we are developing it but it takes a lot of time. If you want to see your gaming performance try some game benchmarks and compare.

My score: http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=4 pushed the CPU and CPU memory controller to the limit and it's still only 2nd page worthy 😛

IM2L844
Level 12
I just worried that my system is pretty mid-high range but was only getting around 50% of what the top guys were getting.

Those top guys have insanely good tweaked out systems. I think the top i5 is about 15 pages down and their clocks are much higher than yours. You're doing good. Check out Myk's tips and tweaks. It might be able to help with some of your in-game performance issues. ARMA3 looks like a pretty demanding game for most systems though.