cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having issues with booting

newbiecake
Level 7
Well i thik i should post this here, so i got MAXIMUS IV EXTREME Z motherboard and all the sudden when i was about to boot my computer it wouldnt start, i opened up the case and noticed only 1 LED acitve inside (which is the big one in the middle that should be showing power) and 2nd in the back which is the CLR button, also had the reset button was active for a while but now it has gone too.. So i tried searching some solutions and checked the manual but cant seem to come up with anything that actually could fix it im starting to suspect its the power supply.

Can anybody help me with this issue?
3 REPLIES 3

chrsplmr
Level 18
WELCOME, NewbieCake....lov the name..hahaha

Sounds like you are on to it..the Power supply.
I would check all the connections..make sure..
they could have been making contact..a slight move,
or the heat could be just enough..hey, it could happen..
and before you shell out another $100+ bucks..best to be sure.
Also, turn the power strip off, wait a few seconds and hold the
power switch (on the case or mb) for a few seconds to drain the
system...check your connections and try to boot again.
This is odd behavior..and probably something simple..
If this dont work..Try another PowerSupplyUnit.
If that dont work. We will be here..

And once it does work..dont forget to come back .. tell us about it..
and get to know, and learn from the other members...and hopefully
teach us a new trick or two.c.

xeromist
Make sure that after you check all of your connections that you use the CMOS reset button which is a little red button near the bigger power & reset. Just hold it for a few seconds.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Thanks for the tips, tried those but dont seem to be working, i suppose im gonna try a new power supply.. The weird thing i noticed when listening closely to the power supply it has this weird sound of electricity like something fried up in there