cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About ready to give up on AMD based boards, Help

Korvan
Level 8
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40625-Random-freezing-and-glitching

I started this thread awhile back ended up RMA my board 2 times, my PSU 1 time and still after all put together I have very weird issues and I cannot get a stable build at all. I will say I am somewhat knowledgeable about OCing but not as much as some.
The issues im facing
1.) every time I boot my pc up it starts up stays black screen then reboots itself then windows loads.
2.) USB based devices stay on but non functional once pc is off(like keyboard stays lit and mouse etc...)
I am running windows 8 and am curious if it is the OS, I have all good drivers installed and latest updates.
I at this time have stock bios I have altered nothing and these issues occur. I have been able to get a oc on it but not successfully run any stress testing.
I would be willing to give a professional remote abilities to come into my system and see other then its physical attributes of course which pictures I can post.
I just dont know if i should sell it go intel i didn't want too always liked amd but I feel this 8150 sks
I would appreciate any assistance if you go to my above thread you can see all specs and things tried.
Only thing that is different is my psu is been upgraded since they had to replace it
4 REPLIES 4

Korvan
Level 8
Well I guess I found part of the problem my system has issue with the hybrid quickstart on windows 8.1 with that disabled that is done but now to oc

Korvan wrote:
Well I guess I found part of the problem my system has issue with the hybrid quickstart on windows 8.1 with that disabled that is done but now to oc

Sorry 'we' seemed to drop the ROGball on you here, could you clear up some things for 'us' and let's see if 'we' can get you ROG'n ---

Can you explain what this means ?? [["with that disabled that is done"]] Sorry I don't understand what you are saying here. The rebooting issue has stopped ??

And what does this mean, please clarify:
[["USB based devices stay on but non functional once pc is off(like keyboard stays lit and mouse etc...)"]]
What isn't functional ?? (The light's don't stay lit on my keyboard but when I touch the spacebar, sleeping or
shut down, I am off to the 'races'.) I also have a usb desk lamp I am fond of, works great .. always.

Then you say: [["but now to oc"]]
Are you saying here you are ready to tweak ?
Have you read Raja's thread on OC'n this cpu in the Guides section ?

I wouldn't wave the white flag just yet [[Those that know me know I never Surrender, It is forbidden to me.]]
you are most of the way there, let's bring it home brother.

Korvan wrote:
Well guess this thread is dead

You can never be defeated without your permission. .c.

Korvan
Level 8
Well guess this thread is dead 🙂

Korvan
Level 8
LOL ok from my previous link I posted for the main issue I was having I could not get a stable build at all. I had to RMA Board CPU and Watercooling, then also PSU. After doing so putting it back together My bars on the PSU are putting out I believe same Voltages as other one. I have 4 set profiles for a stable load for windows but nothing ever takes a stress test without CPU hitting 65 degrees or higher. I have heard alot of complaints of the 8150 cpu. That older AMD processors are putting out higher FPS and speed and this is 8 cores. That all aside

I will take pics run benchmark and post, the power related issue and USB issue seemed to be resolved by disabling the hybrid Shutdown option under Power settings. Why I would have to I don't know but after research im not only one who had issues. The keyboard lights would stay lit after system was completely off, sometimes lit up after it shut off with system already. All that said all seems resolved after disabling that setting.

I do not want to give up but its been over a year since day I first built this RIG. I have 4 other custom builds over the years all are running perfectly never had to readjust after years in bios. I am not most knowledgeable but I am enough to where I normally wouldn't require help.

I do appreciate any help given. I only posted what I did because I know people got lives I have 4 kids I get it lol. Respects to y'all and hope we get this thing humming