cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corsair 750D, Custom Waterloop, Custom modding

jthm4goth
Level 7
***Warning Opening Post is Long and Wordy***

This is the third version of my gaming computer since I built it in September 2013 and every time I rebuild it is new and better hardware. I'm a sucker for a deal as can be told by my Trader Feedback.

My first verision of this build had no theme, no color coordination, nothing it was strictly a budget build. I completed the build in August/September time frame and at the time I loved it.

(Orginal parts pic)

(Orginal Build)

But than in December my Father-in-law asked me to build him a computer with a lot higher budget. After building his computer and having issues with my set up I knew I wanted something better. Which brought me to version 2. Now I put a lot of time and effort into version 2 the hardware was decent the build was decent but I started to rush the build and things became sloppy and well I just didn't like the quality of the build. It also didn't help that a bunch of my concepts fell through and I wasn't able to do some of the things I wanted to do. Now in my weird twisted mind it didn't make sense to me to remove the acrylic and remove the midplate and just redo those items. No that wasn't enough if I was removing all that I might as well change some of the hardware.

(Version 2)

Now Version 3 was suppose to be just a new motherboard and a new processor but different deals came along while I was waiting to order my motherboard or while I have been waiting for it to get here so a lot of parts changed or got added. Now truthfully from version one to version three the only parts that are the same are the hard drive and windows. Everything else has been changed.

Now to explain my theme or rather my color choice. Black and Red. I know I know we see Black and Red themed computers all the time with ASUS ROG being absolutely amazing and the best (yes I am a little bias) Black and Red themed computers are everywhere. But I chose it because I built my first computer back in 03-04 and it was a black and red theme. I have always loved black and red themed computers. Actually it is one of my favorite color combos with everything. Now I am hoping to do enough modding and changing of parts to set my Black and Red theme amoung the best (I know for an amateur thats setting the bar high but hey its worth a shot) and set it apart from everyone else.

Now onto Version III's Parts list

Case : Corsair 750D
CPU: Intel 4770K
Mobo: Asus Maximus VI Formula
Ram: 16gb G.Skillz RipJaws X 2133mhz
SSD: Intel 320 Series 120GB x2
HDD: Seagate 500GB
GPU: Evga GTX780 Classified
PSU: Corsair AX760 custom sleeved by UPC

Now seeing that it is almost one the morning and I have work in less than 5 hours I'm going to get some sleep. I will update tomorrow with pictures of my previous builds and parts lists for each of those builds. I will also type up my parts list for this build as it stands right now.

Also posted here
53 REPLIES 53

abvolt
Level 11
Very nice big improvement..
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

jthm4goth
Level 7

X-ROG
Level 15
Wow epic improvement!!

jthm4goth
Level 7
Here is a little photo update of my parts.

jthm4goth
Level 7
A little sneak peek of whats to come

Antronman
Level 10
mmm. Colder than Zero degrees celcius?
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

jthm4goth
Level 7
So while I was waiting for parts to come in I did some reorganizing of my posters in my office

I'm trying to get a bigger desk from work due to this one being way to crowded when I put the desktop on it. But till than I'll just have to deal with it

jthm4goth
Level 7
Midplate is cut glued and filled down. Next is to cut the res hole and pass through holes, than paint.

Antronman
Level 10
Called it.

ColdZero Customs.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me