cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG_EXT Y-Splitter for OC Panel & Front Base

Nos_Defions
Level 7
Has anyone developed a motherboard Y-Splitter for the ROG_EXT Connector that will allow both the OC Panel & Front Base to be connected ?

Is this concept technically possible ?

I have my case open and am looking straight into the motherboard area where I can simultaneously watch my monitor and the Q-Code & function/error LEDs, plus watch fans, liquid cooling, and be able to adjust gear & settings/connections. The monitor & system are in a wide V-stance on a large work bench/desk.

My workspace is U-shaped with several other PCs & test gear to my one side and behind me. I am routinely working concurrently between multiple systems, and would like to use the OC Panel for convenience.

I would like to put the OC Panel to use again, particularly since it has been disconnected & shelved since I installed the Front Base. None of my other systems have the ROG_EXT Connector.
System Info: Maximus VI Extreme; Intel i7-4770k; G.Skill Trident-X, 2400 x 32 GB; PNY Optima, 240 GB x 3; WD Black, 4 TB x 2; EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified ACX; Cooler Master HAF-X; Cooler Master Nepton 280L; Corsair AF 120 & 140mm Fans, Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 & 230mm Fans; XFX Pro 1000W, Platinum PSU; Windows 8.1 Pro; Logitech G19s, G602 & C920; Accessories: ASUS- ROG Front Base, ThunderboltEX II, & NFC Express; NZXT- HUE RGB LED Controller, IU01 USB Expander, & Grid Fan Hub.
4 REPLIES 4

X-ROG
Level 15
It's not possible sorry as there would be conflicts since the connection is two-way, not just read-only.

Marshall,

Thanks for the answer. I suspected as much.

After the OP, I came across a YouTube video from COMPUTEX 2013, Taiwan, in which they were discussing (at the time) the upcoming Front Base.

In the vid they were running both the Front Base & the OC Panel simultaneously on the same system (I believe it may have been in a Cooler Master Cosmos case, mobo type unknown).

The OC Panel was not displaying all the data that it could, so I assume they just had the USB portion (only) plugged into the mobo vice the entire ROG_EXT Connecter ?

They may have used the included standard ASUS USB connection extender to allow the OC Panel to connect just to that portion of the mobo ?

I will attempt this type of configuration in the next couple of days to verify (partial) OC Panel connectivity.

The referenced vid is at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvqra7G52f4 by ThinkDigit.com, I believe.

Thanks
System Info: Maximus VI Extreme; Intel i7-4770k; G.Skill Trident-X, 2400 x 32 GB; PNY Optima, 240 GB x 3; WD Black, 4 TB x 2; EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified ACX; Cooler Master HAF-X; Cooler Master Nepton 280L; Corsair AF 120 & 140mm Fans, Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 & 230mm Fans; XFX Pro 1000W, Platinum PSU; Windows 8.1 Pro; Logitech G19s, G602 & C920; Accessories: ASUS- ROG Front Base, ThunderboltEX II, & NFC Express; NZXT- HUE RGB LED Controller, IU01 USB Expander, & Grid Fan Hub.

X-ROG
Level 15
It's certainly possible to try using the Q-Connector to an internal USB port, as this is the method we suggest updating the Front Base (for example) for M7 users.

Gushy
Level 7
I have here 2 front base and 1 OS panel.
It will be very cool if someone develop splitter for front and OS panel.
I will buy spliter even if cost like 100 buks.