cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JM black screen on boot

Alinor974
Level 7
Hello guys, just bought the new G750JM and now after one week use the screen on boot is practically black, can someone help me
20 REPLIES 20

sasuke256
Level 7
get the battery out, and then keep pushing power bouton for 20 sec and then put the ac adapter in and boot the laptop and then take back the battery in..
Laptop : ASUS G750JW : i7 4700HQ - 16Gb - 2Tb HDD - GTX 765M OC (+135/500) - Full HD Matte - Win 8.1
Retiered : Toshiba L670 i5 560M/8Gb Corsair/1TB/HD5650 1Gb @ 625/800 /WD 1Tb USB3/Win7

Alinor974
Level 7
thnx for replying, but sadly i checked every thing on my laptop and it was a hardware problem, something is wrong with my screen probably the connecting cable or the power inverter or the ccfl, i have to take my laptop back to the shop

Alinor974 wrote:
thnx for replying, but sadly i checked every thing on my laptop and it was a hardware problem, something is wrong with my screen probably the connecting cable or the power inverter or the ccfl, i have to take my laptop back to the shop

Alinor974, how do you know it was a hardware problem? Are you gett indicator lights on the edge of the front? Lights on the keyboard? What do you see?

There are a number of software problems with the symptom of a dark screen at boot up. Getting in to the BIOS with F2, hitting ESC to get the boot selection and booting on another boot device, pulling the existing boot device out of the laptop so you get into the BIOS, hooking up an external monitor are all possible paths to a solution.

Let us know what you work out. 🙂

hi hmscott, the screen was not just black there was no lighting at all, i hooked the laptop through HDMI and VGA it was all fine, the OS and my games and keyboard was all working fine, although i was wondering, is there something in the BIOS that could actually deactivate my screen

Alinor974 wrote:
hi hmscott, the screen was not just black there was no lighting at all, i hooked the laptop through HDMI and VGA it was all fine, the OS and my games and keyboard was all working fine, although i was wondering, is there something in the BIOS that could actually deactivate my screen

Did you try to toggle Fn+F7 to turn on the display? Or Fn+F6 to turn up the brightness?

If you are able to get an active screen through an external monitor, then start the Nvidia control panel, and go to the "Set up multiple displays" under Display, do you see the internal screen? If so enable it. If it is there and enabled, go the "Resolution under Display" and set the resolution to 1920x1080. If after setting all that, you still don't have any output, then try Fn+F7 to turn on the display and Fn+F6 to turn up the brightness.

All of that presupposes the Device is available through the device manager, you need to fix that first.

Alinor974
Level 7
Thnx for the advice, i'll try what u suggested as soon as i get home. i'll let u guys know 😄

Alinor974
Level 7
I did everything u suggested but it still wont work, i found something interesting though, when i used a flashlight on the screen i could still see my windows 8.1 running, when i duplicated my displays, my guess is that there is a problem with the backlighting on my screen

Alinor974 wrote:
I did everything u suggested but it still wont work, i found something interesting though, when i used a flashlight on the screen i could still see my windows 8.1 running, when i duplicated my displays, my guess is that there is a problem with the backlighting on my screen

Alinor974, using Fn+6 to brighten or Fn+7 to enable the screen have no effect? If so it looks like your backlight has failed. Sorry to hear that.

If you can turn it back in to where you bought it that would be the quickest replacement, or RMA to Asus.

Let us know how it works out. 🙂

Alinor974
Level 7
Thnx for everythig guys, i have to run to the place where i bought it, thank god for the 2 years warranty 🙂