cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build Help

TWulf
Level 7
Hello everyone,

Seeking general advice on my new build I put together, for some reason the ram keeps being recognized as DDR 1333 when it is qualified at 2133. Bios is updated to the latest.

I am running

Rampage 4 BE
Intel 4930K
Noctua DH14
32GB GSKILL F3-2133C11Q-32GZL

Thanks for input.
13 REPLIES 13

IM2L844
Level 12

Is that all that needs to be set is just XMP? no voltage changes?

I notice that there are 2 XMP profiles, one is 2133, one is 2134

I am coming from an older I7 920 build so some of my tribal knowledge from OC'ing back then may be rusty.

kkn
Level 14
just set it on the rating of the memory you have.
if its 2133 set it on that.
and it should set voltage and mhz auto by it self by that profile.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/extreme-memory-profile-xmp.html

Is there a moderate overclock I can get away with that is deemed safe for this build?

TWulf
Level 7
Thanks for the answer on this, phone support could not give me that.

TWulf
Level 7
New update, following Raja's guide to get a 4.3 OC, but the CPU speed never changes. It keeps reporting 3.4 @ 3.4 in both Bios and inside Windows.

IM2L844
Level 12

TWulf
Level 7
That is what I was trying to follow, Raja's guide, I was going to set it at 39 actually.

Couple of questions, if I go from XMP to manual will it retain my XMP profile settings for my system memory?

(It sends my memory back to DDR 1133)

Secondly when switching to Manual and changing the "CPU Core Ratio" it will not allow me to type into the field, it just remains at Auto.

That guide does not seem like a full guide, I am missing something here.

Another thing I have noticed when set with XMP profile for DRAM when you type a number into the Core field everytime you exit the BIOS it registers change going from say 39->39 one for every core, even if you make no change. The Turbo Target displays correctly 3900Mhz, but I never see that change in the BIOS or Windows. Where it is actually running at 3900.