cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Formula delayed start after pressing the start button.

Chris123456
Level 7
Hi,

One or two weeks ago I started having a weird issue with my MVIF. I press the onboard start button but system doesn't start immediately but starts after approx. 5 sec of delay.. It usually happens at the first boot when the pc is cold. So I press the start button and system powers up after a delay.

Please note that I haven't done any change in pc for at least 6 months and I always start my PC by pressing the onboard start button because I use a benchtable.

I tried everything stock (cpu @3.9ghz & ram 1333mhz) but still happens. Also tried every bios from 0804 to 1402.

System specs are:

Corsair H110
Maximus VI formula (revision)
2x4GB Kingston 2400mhz
840EVO 500GB
780 Ti
Corsair AX850 psu
6 REPLIES 6

Squizzly
Level 7
Hey,

I am having the same issue with my Maximus VI Gene!

Thank god I am not alone! We share no components so this must be a Maximus VI motherboard issue. Hopefully a BIOS update can solve it.
Be careful however, my PC failed to boot after leaving it on standby for a month or so? Had to strip it and rebuild it before I could get it to 'work' again, but it went back to this state we are both in now.

I got my motherboard in September, when did you get yours? I am guessing around Sep - Dec ?

Maybe it's an issue that occurs after a certain amount of time passes? So because I stopped using mine for a month or more, it could have had this issue from the 6 month mark too, but I didn't use it so didn't realise.

Can a forum admin push this to the appropriate people if possible? Because this is an issue that needs attention.

Thanks!

Squizzly
Level 7
Just when I open my big mouth: I just opened Prime 95 again with AI Suite 3 open.
Temps jumped straight to 63 degrees and windows froze then blue screened...

Now my PC won't come back on at all.
:mad:

Chris123456
Level 7
Yes! I also bought mine around September 2013 but this issue started to happen about 2 weeks ago. For past 6+ months I had zero problems.

I will try with a backup OCZ 750W PSU in order to see if the psu is the problem. If it persists I will RMA the board.

Squizzly
Level 7
I am almost certain the issue is the motherboard, it's the only thing I can link between our systems, that and the fact we both got them at around the same time.

To update, I left mine unplugged for 12+ hours, turned on first time instantly, so since I reset cmos last night, I loaded gamer oc profile instead, lowered the clock to 4.4ghz across all cores (with 1.25v from oc profile) and am testing prime95 now, will leave it on longer this time to see if it locks up.

I genuinely think it's a bios related issue. Could be the battery?

Chris123456
Level 7
I tried with a different psu and system works flawlessly! I' ve been testing it all day with zero issues.

So tomorrow I will begin RMA process of my crappy Corsair AX850.

Stay away from Corsair PSUs.

Squizzly
Level 7
I don't see how this could be the issue, unless it's the Haswell related problem, but my Seasonic x560 is on the list of those supported and our psu's are not the same...