Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

If you want a good aesthetic, Cosmos II is the wrong way to go.
    Oh, I don't know about that. aesthetics are largely relative.
    This looks pretty awesome:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ASUS_05.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	396.5 KB 
ID:	36318

ROG Member Array

I still like my design better...:P Though that one IS cool. yeah, aesthetics are largely relative. I'm one for the dark and macabre, for skulls, blood and hellfire, then there's my little sister and her fluffy kittens....e.o

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Antronman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IM2L844 View Post
    Oh, I don't know about that. aesthetics are largely relative.
    This looks pretty awesome:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ASUS_05.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	396.5 KB 
ID:	36318
    But there's no side window, and it's actually more difficult to airbrush because the surface isn't flat.

Caselabs SMA8 airbrushed or 900D would look better.
    Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion
    Through passion, I gain strength
    Through strength, I gain victory
    Through victory, my chains are broken
    The Republic of Gamers shall free me

But there's no side window, and it's actually more difficult to airbrush because the surface isn't flat.

Caselabs SMA8 airbrushed or 900D would look better.
    It's subjective. Personally, I think side windows look childish and tacky. Does that mean side windows actually are childish and tacky? Of course not. To me, both the SMA8 and the 900D look like boxes with the sides cut out. See? Aesthetics are relative to ones personal preferences. Philosophers, from Plato to Kant, have written about this extensively for centuries.

As far as degrees of difficulty, I've never air brushed anything, so I'm not qualified to exposit. I suspect, however, people who have, like SilverHowler and her father, for instance, are perfectly capable of weighing those sorts of things for themselves, Maybe they'd enjoy the challenge of it. I don't know.

Functionality too is subjective; relative to ones personal preferences. That's what creates diversity in the marketplace.

I was merely presenting options, Antronman; not insisting my personal preferences are intrinsically superior to anyone else's.
    Last edited by IM2L844; 05-04-2014 at 05:38 PM. Reason: point of fact correction

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by IM2L844 View Post
    It's subjective. Personally, I think side windows look childish and tacky. Does that mean side windows actually are childish and tacky? Of course not. To me, both the SMA8 and the 900D look like boxes with the sides cut out. See? Aesthetics are relative to ones personal preferences. Philosophers, from Plato to Kant, have written about this extensively for centuries.

As far as degrees of difficulty, I've never air brushed anything, so I'm not qualified to exposit. I suspect, however, people who have, like SilverHowler and his father, for instance, are perfectly capable of weighing those sorts of things for themselves, Maybe they'd enjoy the challenge of it. I don't know.

Functionality too is subjective; relative to ones personal preferences. That's what creates diversity in the marketplace.

I was merely presenting options, Antronman; not insisting my personal preferences are intrinsically superior to anyone else's.
    I like the look of side windows on plain cases. Cases that haven't been heavily modified and personalized. When you add a paintjob to a case with a side window, I find it actually becomes a touch overworked. But that depends on the colourscheme of the internal components as well as the paintjob, and what the paintjob is. Mine would probably look fine, but a side window gives me less room to play with.

Curves are actually no harder to airbrush than flats unless you get into really heavy curving. My father does most of his airbrush work on welding and skydive helmets. I think he's fine with airbrushing curves :P

Again, since the link was seemingly missed on the last page, here's a quick and dirty mock up of the design uploaded to my DA STASH page. http://sta.sh/01wrioh9sp9o

Oh, and just a reminder..Despite playing well over 300 games for various consoles, mostly PC, despite my knowledge of computers at the young age of 16 and beginning at 10, and no matter how masculine I may be...My father has no sons, I'm his biological daughter :P Born female, still female, hah. You can see my other work and some photos of my fat face here http://silverhowler.deviantart.com/ I haven't drawn anything in a freaking year though, artblock sucks.

I'm just saying you'd want a side panel window, because if you're mostly gaming on the build, and have as large a budget as you do, it looks like you're going to have a watercooling loop in there.

Which means a side panel window is practically an essential.

Watercooling loops done right usually trigger epic nerdgasms, which is the whole point of an aesthetically pleasing rig, isn't it?

I have plans for an amazing rig over the summer, with some sick paint on one side, but a side panel window to show off all the goodies inside. Even if I end up not putting it all on water, there are a lot of components designed with a particular aesthetic (like the new Matrixes), and I want the parts to have a synergy with everything else I do.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Antronman View Post
    I'm just saying you'd want a side panel window, because if you're mostly gaming on the build, and have as large a budget as you do, it looks like you're going to have a watercooling loop in there.
    Still a little worried about a watercooling system, even with the warranties that come with the kits, at least from Corsair. Weighing my options.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHowler View Post
    Still a little worried about a watercooling system, even with the warranties that come with the kits, at least from Corsair. Weighing my options.
    Oh, I don't mean an AIO. Those don't void the warranty anyways.

http://www.frozencpu.com/

I mean a custom loop.

ROG Member Array

I thik you misunderstood. I'm worried about any liquid-based cooling system in my computer, no matter what type because it only takes a few things dripping to ruin the whole system. Corsair doesn't void warranty, they have a warranty. If their liquid cooling system breaks and causes damage, they cover the damage. It still worries me because while a motherboard can be replaced, several terabytes in data can't.

Also, I have to say this now because my mum was watching Say yes to the Dress or some similar show earlier(There are a few of them). You were saying that 7k for a beast of a computer is overkill? Try 10k on a dress I'd wear ONCE. Yeah. Computer that'll be used heavily every day doesn't seem so bad now, huh. :P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast