Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Antronman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHowler View Post
    I thik you misunderstood. I'm worried about any liquid-based cooling system in my computer, no matter what type because it only takes a few things dripping to ruin the whole system. Corsair doesn't void warranty, they have a warranty. If their liquid cooling system breaks and causes damage, they cover the damage. It still worries me because while a motherboard can be replaced, several terabytes in data can't.

Also, I have to say this now because my mum was watching Say yes to the Dress or some similar show earlier(There are a few of them). You were saying that 7k for a beast of a computer is overkill? Try 10k on a dress I'd wear ONCE. Yeah. Computer that'll be used heavily every day doesn't seem so bad now, huh. :P
    Dress =/= PC.

I'm saying you're not building a WS where you need all of the extra insurance so that if while you're running an early alpha test version of a game, or doing calculations, or hosting servers your PC doesn't explode.

You'll just have a ton of extra crap that you won't even be able to utilize.

Don't worry about watercooling.
    There is hardly any chance that an AIO will leak, and custom loops aren't as bad as people say they are.
    All you have to do is make sure your head is on your shoulders, and you're thinking with that and not some other place.
    People always test the loop for leaks first, by just turning the loop on and running it for an hour or so, with none of the other components plugged in, and all of the fittings wrapped in towels. That way, if there is a leak, you'll spot it, and the towels will stop any components from getting too wet, and you can leave everything to dry for a day or so. Once you've got it set up and it doesn't leak during the test, you're good to go, as long as you don't play American football with your PC.
    Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion
    Through passion, I gain strength
    Through strength, I gain victory
    Through victory, my chains are broken
    The Republic of Gamers shall free me

ROG Member Array

Straight off my DA BIO "I love playing and modding videogames, aswell as working on my own game."

I'm working on a 3D RPG. Think I said this earlier in the thread too. But i can't do much with this system. I'm also hosting custom servers for several games, and due to my weak system it's rare I can have more than three people on the damn things. I'm working on models for an animated film(Will total in about 45 minutes) but my system can't handle particle systems at all. Nada. None. Zilch. Then I try making hair with Fibermesh systems and fibermesh is nearly as harsh, plus it doesn't work the way I'd like. All I can do with this machine is hone my skills and get some environmental work and concept art done. I can't do anything that would actually be utilized, really. I mean, I can make some static barrels, crates, trees, and other props, but i can't build the landscape, I can't make the character models, my system can't handle enough of what i need it to.

So yes, actually, I do need the extra insurance that my system won't explode running an early alpha test on a game or an animated render test for a movie. I do need a system that won't open a black hole when I run a server. If my system goes Chernobyl on me because I ran a render test, we have a problem.

Also, I know its a very, very slim chance a liquid cooling system would leak. I'm just paranoid. xD If anyone played football with my PC or even TOUCHED it, they'd lose a limb >.>

Edit: Liking the look of that blood red coolant..

Edit 2: With the colourscheme of my paintjob think I'd go with the UV Blue coolant, the Clear/UV Blue tubing, black faceplate and the like.

Selected my options, tossed in an energy drink, total comes to $278. Considering prices on everything else I'd be using for this build, that's relatively cheap and actually not much more than the fan kit I was looking at. So I'll keep this site in mind for when I can actually place the order. note that this is with the Raystorm model.
    Last edited by SilverHowler; 05-04-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Image of cart please.

I plan on making a game too .

If you are making a WS, then you are looking at all the wrong parts.

Wait for X99, get a WS class mobo, intel Xeon, ECC memory.

ROG Member Array

Working AND game station. Will grab a screenshot of the cart in a sec, have to redo it now, hah. Is okay, though. What's your opinion on the airbrushing work, by the way? The mock up, I mean. I despise this cheap keyboard constantly skips letters and..ugh.

Anyways, the cart. ....What the hell is wrong with this forum? PNG image, doesn't matter the scaling, won't let me upload. Errors every time.

Let's try this again.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cart.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	370.8 KB 
ID:	36337 ...Jpegs work. Whatever, then.

And to restate, again. this is NOT a final build. This is to establish a baseline. When new parts that outrank these ones come out, the list will be changed until I can afford the build. That simple.
    Last edited by SilverHowler; 05-05-2014 at 12:34 AM.

Don't get kits. Customize.

After the other components are picked, I could quote you a full loop. Graphics and all the goodies included.

Xeon will handle games just as well as core i7. For any WS, Xeon/ECC is an absolute must. It's the bread and butter of workstations.

Graphics are more specific to your needs. Firepro W7000 will handle games exactly the same as a 290x, for 2x the cost, but 3D art with stuff like Maya, 3DS, and CAD? Firepro W7000 easily outperforms the 290x. It's another thing entirely if you need to use specific technology exclusive to those cards (like how I need to have GeForce in order to test PhysX and 3D vision).

The airbrushing looks good, but It's not what I would do.
    I believe the parts and art has to have a synergy.

ROG Member Array

Yeah, that's the reason I was looking at nVidia, really. Grew up on nVidia cards, want the 3D and PhysX, and the rest of the toys. However, I could always go with two GPU's, one centered on gaming, one designed more for work. Have a GeForce 9800 series here, it's not BAD but....Can't do half of what I NEED it to, let alone WANT it to.

...can still run Morrowind maxed out and modded at 300FPS stable.......At least it has that going for it? xD
    Last edited by SilverHowler; 05-05-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Yeah, that's the reason I was looking at nVidia, really. Grew up on nVidia cards, want the 3D and PhysX, and the rest of the toys. However, I could always go with two GPU's, one centered on gaming, one designed more for work. Have a GeForce 9800 series here, it's not BAD but....Can't do half of what I NEED it to, let alone WANT it to.

...can still run Morrowind maxed out and modded at 300FPS stable.......At least it has that going for it? xD
    If you're not developing a game with 3D vision or PhysX, I wouldn't say it's worth getting Nvidia solely for that. 3D vision and PhysX are a rarity in games today. Besides, 3D gaming is very distracting. Too much stuff going on.

I happen to be using Unreal Engine 4 though.

The problem with the two different cards thing is how annoying the switching around gets. Better to stick to 1.
    With 8000USD, you could make a test rig and a work rig though...

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Antronman View Post
    If you're not developing a game with 3D vision or PhysX, I wouldn't say it's worth getting Nvidia solely for that. 3D vision and PhysX are a rarity in games today. Besides, 3D gaming is very distracting. Too much stuff going on.

I happen to be using Unreal Engine 4 though.

The problem with the two different cards thing is how annoying the switching around gets. Better to stick to 1.
    With 8000USD, you could make a test rig and a work rig though...
    I didn't mean the nVidia JUST for implementing the 3D Vision and PhysX, or JUST for testing, either. I planned to use them, especially the 3D, while actually gaming, hah. Gotta remember, this will be a work and gaming rig. I want to able to render a couple thousand frames of animation, and play Skyrim on Ultra with several mods and an ENB. Not at the same time, but you get the idea. Honestly, though, I am still looking. If you have any ideas for one that can do both of those with no problem(Rule I must stay above 80FPS in Skyrim :P that means around 4 gigs in vRAM, the more the better though. I get 30 FPS now, but again, I crash all the time because I don't have the memory capabilities.) then toss them my way.

I didn't mean the nVidia JUST for implementing the 3D Vision and PhysX, or JUST for testing, either. I planned to use them, especially the 3D, while actually gaming, hah. Gotta remember, this will be a work and gaming rig. I want to able to render a couple thousand frames of animation, and play Skyrim on Ultra with several mods and an ENB. Not at the same time, but you get the idea. Honestly, though, I am still looking. If you have any ideas for one that can do both of those with no problem(Rule I must stay above 80FPS in Skyrim :P that means around 4 gigs in vRAM, the more the better though. I get 30 FPS now, but again, I crash all the time because I don't have the memory capabilities.) then toss them my way.
    Yeah, that's what I meant. Very few games have 3D Vision and PhysX.
    The only ones I can think of are the Arkham Series, Metro: LL, ACIV:BF and CoD Ghosts.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4