Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

looking good so far.

Are you still spending a lot of time at work and university? i know I wouldn't!
    | Asus VI Hero | 4670K + h100i | 16gb G.Skill tridentX 2400 | Asus DcII gtx780oc |
    | and a Asus front base | 83360 realbench

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by GoosNL View Post
    Are you still spending a lot of time at work and university? i know I wouldn't!
    Unfortunatly yes, Im at the university writing on my masters thesis from 8am to 5pm or I'm at work from 7 am to 4pm. When I get home theres always laundry to be done, making dinner and lunches etc

An update is in the works tho, so don't worry!

ROG Member Array WolfzheaD PC Specs
    WolfzheaD PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus VII GENE
    Processori7-4790K
    Memory (part number)16Gb 1600Mhz 8-8-8-24 Crucial Ballistix (BLT2CP4G3D1608DT2TXRGCEU)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 980Ti SC ACX2.0
    Sound CardSoundblaster Recon3D
    Monitor3* AOC G2460P 1080p @ 144Hz
    Storage #1120Gb OCZ Vertex 3.20
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda 7200.14
    CPU CoolerKoolance CPU-370
    Case2* Thermaltake Core V21 M-ATX
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid-i
    Mouse Razer Mamba 2012
    Headset Sennheiser CX200 In-Earphones
    Mouse Pad GAMDIAS NYX Control (L)
    Headset/Speakers Xenyx Q802 USB
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterCisco 2600 Modular Router
    Accessory #1 XBox One Wireless Controller
    Accessory #2 Audio Technica AT2020 XLR Microphone
    Accessory #3 Logitech HD C920 Webcam

Great work so far. Got most of the fiddly stuff out of the way.. Always enjoy seeing a nice 900D build come together so keep up the good work :-] will stay tuned in to this one

To save in some money I purchased the pump in parts, the pump came without any of the original stock housing wich saved me both money and time since I did not have to take it apart

One pump and the accesories unpacked, wonder If I'll be able to solve this puzzle. As you can see it's probably quite easy with only pump, top, modkit, O-ring and a bracket.

Voilá, I sleeved the pumps cables because of... reasons. It did however make it tad more difficult to tighten the modkit without twisting the cables. It did come out decent tho.

And then there were two.

After the pump assembly I removed the midplate and started measuring where I should put the pumps. I drilled 4 holes for each pump and mounted them to the plate. This is the result.

I also mounted the storagedrives in the only drivevcage that was left inside the case. 3x 2 Terabytes should be sufficient for a while. I also removed the clips on the 5,25" bays and mouned a cover to hide all the holes.

At this point it turned out to be a pretty "clean" build but could be better. I orderd another cover, this time for the motherboard tray. The mounting of this was tideous and required a fair bit of dissassembly. But It turned out okay

Quote Originally Posted by abvolt View Post
    Why not use a ek fc terminal for the vga's, also in you're list I didn't see a fan controller for that many fans you really want one. Looks like you'll have fun with build ..
    So my theory for letting my GPUs control the fan speed on the rads has failed and I'm going to invest in a fan controller wich wont be visible from the front. I'm going to hide it backwards in the 5,25" compartment.

So I've added a aquaero to my wishlist for my 30th birthday wich is in a week along with 2 watertempsensors

Small update

By this time I had gotten far enough to just temporary assemble it and use it in between updates. And since I wanted the test the system out I rushed to get blocks. I've been running the Titans on air for a while.

Starting with the CPU-block mounted

I put the motherboard in the chassi to get a feel about how it would look.

The lentgh on the 24 pin still works, the 8 pin and 4 pin cable was okay length but the top raidator made it difficult.

Time to mount some more waterblocks, since I like the I/O shield I wanted to keep it. The heatpipe was cut to the VRM cooling, voiding warranty, but it just looks so good!

Waterblocks on for VRM and chipset.

Since I wanted to put it together and have an opportunity to game some, I came up with a very ugly and temporary solution.

GPU bling bling

This is how i've been running the build for a while. I've got the SSD disks hanging loose in the back, but made it possible to install an OS and actually play some games while I waited for more parts. The way the Crystal link is mounted atm is only a temporary solution and is nothing that represents the end results!

Time to tear it down again, after verifying that it all works.
    I realized that I need to drain, test, move and fill my loops from time to time. So two valves where aquired.

Motherboard in its right place again, the GPU's are laying next, awaiting waterblocks They will appear in the next update, so you wont have to wait to long before you see some naked Titans again

24 pin and some reservoirs mounted! Om nom nom

I/O cables connected to motherboard. I realized that sleeving the SATA-cables caused some issues with the new motherboard tray cover, but it turned out alright.

Trying to fit some tubing, Im putting it under the radiators in the bottom compartment on either side and some along the backside. You can also see that its a bit crowded with push/pull in a large chassi as big as a 900D

The SSD discs I had hanging by the cables dangling now got their own plate. Since I have them configured in a raid-0 I needed to be able to tell them apart. Not that it would cause to much of a hazzle to fix, but better safe than sorry. Here is where some colorful post-its came to good use.

There! now I wont have to think about those anymore, and one less drive cage needed.

Next update features naked Titans!
    Last edited by Nephelim; 06-09-2014 at 06:26 AM.

The yellowed tubing wich shows on the pictures is replaced already

Time to put waterblocks on the titans! and to fix the soundcard. I started lightly with the soundcard

Got the backplate mounted without to much trouble, I know it probably wont show to good when mounted, but I know its there.

Time to take the crownjewels appart. Since I've never watercooled before it was extra troublesome since i thought it might end up wrong.

After loosing what felt like a million screws and checking the manual equal amount of times, the gpu looks like this.

Wiped off the old thermalgreese and the residue from the original pads.

So far so good! It was time to prepare for mounting the waterblocks. I measured, marked, measured again before cutting anything. As stated It's my first time watercooling I wanted to dubbelcheck, even tripplecheck everything. But all seemd right according to the manual.

I gently lowerd the waterblock to the PCB alligning the holes, fliped the GPU over and tightend the screws, double checking wich was supposed to be left out so I could mount the backplates and it turned out good. In the picture there are two GPUs done so that you can see the stockcooling unit, a backplate and the waterblock on the one to the right.

Some hightdifference from the stockcooler and a waterblock. Sadly the card still takes up 2 slots on the motherboard since the original PCB has dual DVI connectors wich made me unable to use the PCI-e 1x slots. I'm going to have to use the 4th PCI-e 16x for the soundcard.

All three are now done.

Time to get some fittings and some acrylic mounted inbetween. I went with a paralell configuration with the acrylic purely for asthetics even if it gives me a few degrees higher temperatures.

All done and ready to be mounted in the case!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast