cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel driver causing bsod

Iamanerd2
Level 7
I am receiving BSOD from cpudrv64.sys which is linked to the intel nic onboard. I cant even install the drivers that came with the board. I get no intel devices found, and if i go to the intel website the driver it says should work with it says the same thing when i install it. I started to have problems after installing the 2002 bios. ive re-osed to no avail. i can get on the internet using microsoft drivers. but as soon as i go to fb and try to play a game or something instant bsod from cpudrv64.sys. any suggestions or should i RMA?

I got Crooshair v formula z
fx-8350
xfx 7870
corsair h100i
corsair 1200w gold rated psu
16gb 2133 gskill ripjaw
oc stable 4.7 ghz

I have disabled oc to see if that was it and still same result.
3 REPLIES 3

hax0rmort
Level 11
you have the 82583V correct? I'm assuming so. The only microsoft driver I have loaded is e1i63x64.sys if you're getting a cpudrv64.sys error, i'm not sure where that is coming from. On another post I saw someone say that the cpudrv64.sys is from the INTEL system requirements lab that looks for hardware. Perhaps when you tried to install the intel drivers and it couldn't find an adapter that somehow caused all of this.

I've done a clean install and haven't tried installing the intel drivers on windows 8.1 because I KNOW they won't install. I'm just confused as to why you're getting BSOD and others including myself aren't. hmm..
-hax0rmort

MOBO - ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z
CPU - AMD FX-9370
RAM - AMD Radeon R9 Gamer Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2400 MHz
SSD1 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB // Boot
SSD2 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB // Game
GPU1 - ASUS Radeon R9 290X
GPU2 - ASUS Radeon R9 290X
COOLER - Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler
PSU - Corsair RM Series 1000W Gold PSU
AUDIO - Creative Sound Blaster Z
CASE - NZXT H440 Red/Black
KEYBOARD - Corsair K95 RGB
MOUSE - SteelSeries Sensei
HEADSET - Logitech G430

Your trying to instal intel CPU drivers for AMD CPU no wonder she don't go.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

jasonamd95
Level 7
cpudrv64.sys belongs to Intel's software that will auto-detect what Intel drivers need to be updated on your system. It has nothing to do with the Intel NIC. If you are running Windows 8.1, you have to use the Microsoft drivers. Intel does not have Windows 8.1 drivers for it.

Uninstall the Intel System Requirements Lab software.