cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Windows 8 install to new hard drive

Stige
Level 7
I have G75VW with preinstalled Windows 8. If I understood correctly, the serial key is integrated some how in the bios. If I buy new SSD-harddrive, can I install Windows 8 from any Installation disc (like if I borrow it from my brother?) as serial key is integrated inside bios?
1 REPLY 1

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes I would find a 8.1 disk, or ISO, insure you are using the same version of 8 core, or pro are the 2 main ones. you'll have to extract you windows product key and then use a generic key to start the install. These leaked keys will allow installation but will not activate, You activate with you OEM Key that you extracted. See this THEAD for some guides.
Here are the Generic Keys to start the install Windows 8.1 Single Language Y9NXP-XT8MV-PT9TG-97CT3-9D6TC
Windows 8.1 Core 334NH-RXG76-64THK-C7CKG-D3VPT
Windows 8.1 Pro XHQ8N-C3MCJ-RQXB6-WCHYG-C9WKB. If these don't work for the version ISO you have just Google for any others.
You should download Asus Backtracker and create a restore to factory media, if anything goes wrong you will be able to use this media to restore to factory condition. You can also restore to your new SSD with this media.
You also can clone your Hard Drive to your new SSD using Macrium ReflectFree version
Of course back up your data before doing anything
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro