cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELAN Touchpad: Enable simultaneous click button pressing

Act32_97
Level 7
As some G750 owners may already know, ELAN Touchpad drivers don't register a press of one of the click buttons when the other button is being held down. This is not a problem in most cases, but is a big problem in some games which require the right button to be held down in order to aim and the left in order to fire.

Fortunately there is a way to get one button to register while the other is being held down. Unfortunately it requires installing a different touchpad driver which will result in all of the smart features being removed, including the scroll feature (aka virtual mouse wheel). Basically, the only features that will still work is the tap to click feature and the physical click buttons. It is up to you to decide which feature is more important to you (smart features vs use both buttons at once).

Here's how to switch drivers and enable simultaneous button pressing if you choose to do so:

1. Open Device Manager

2. Click on "Mice and other pointing devices", then right click on touchpad listed under it, then click on "Properties"

3. Click on the "Driver" tab at the top of the properties tab that opened, and then click "Update Driver..."

4. Click "Browse my computer for driver software"

5. Click "Let me pick from a list of device driver on my computer"

6. The next window will allow you to pick which driver you would like to install. To get both buttons to work simultaneously, install "Microsoft PS/2 Mouse". If you decide you want to have the ELAN driver back again, it is available to download from the ASUS support website.

1 REPLY 1

Setoku
Level 8
I have confirmed this does indeed work all the other functions are gone but clicking both buttons at same time does work
Not the best solution but only one so far i haven't been able to mod the elan tech drivers to work like they should

Anyway thanks for posting this