cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does everyone think of the painted PCB?

X-ROG
Level 15
On Hero and Gene? New design trend started here! You'd be amazed how much energy this took, despite just being a little colour.

27 REPLIES 27

MatsGlobetrotte
Level 10
Think it looks great especially with fully red PCIE connectors and on the memory modules. Its almost as if anything with data signals are in red and power in black except for the small PCIE. What I really would love to see though but maybe more on the bigger boards Extreme, Formula .. is the EATXpower connector angled outwards in a 90degree configuration. Those power cables are way too stiff and just make the installations look messy.
It started with a VIC-20... and now it is. Maximus Formula VI Intel 4770K 4.6GHz ASUS GTX780Ti 3GB Corsair Platinum Dominator 16GB 2400MHz Raid Express 240GB Samsung EVO 512 GB SSD Corsair 900D EK watercooling Corsair RM1000 ASUS PB278Q

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Nearly every post I see on Facebook at the moment is by all of the ROG FB Pages that I have liked(UK, AUS, Global & Nordic), are about the new boards. I really love the designs and the new matte black used on the board, plus the no longer white clips on the DIMM's and PCIe slots.....all these posts make me want to ditch my plans of using a "Channel" board until Skylake/DDR4 comes out, more and more every day :cool:

jab383
Level 13
Matte black actually has a functional value -- reduced reflections. Memory, PCIE, SATA etc. busses all suffer from signal reflection if not designed right. This color helps cut the reflectrions.

Jeff

jab383 wrote:
Matte black actually has a functional value -- reduced reflections. Memory, PCIE, SATA etc. busses all suffer from signal reflection if not designed right. This color helps cut the reflectrions.

Jeff

The angular heatsink design and matte color helps the board not show up on ATC radar, too 😄

IM2L844
Level 12
EATXpower connector angled outwards in a 90degree configuration.

That would be brilliant!!!

Raja
Level 13
You have to see the boards in person to really appreciate this look - it really jives.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

chrsplmr
Level 18
Freak'n ROGalicious ... Makes my ROGs rumble !!! .c.

invictus
Level 7
Looks awesome. Love it.