New ROGer Array

Laptop ASUS X550LC-XX031D and windows 7

Hi,

I have been looking for a new laptop that runs windows 7 for quite a while in the uk, after nearly giving up completely, when on holiday I saw this one:

http://www.technopolis.bg/b2c/detail...-X550LC-XX031D

The website is in Bulgarian, but it should be able to be translated into english.

The laptop comes without an OS.

I have looked on the ASUS website, but cannot see any driver information for windows 7 and this laptop.

Does anyone know if the drivers will be easy to find elsewhere? or is it not really worth the hassel?

Im ideally wanting windows 7, as I really dont like the windows 8 live tiles, and a few other problems.

I installed windows 8.1 with vi start on an old dell notebook that I am using just now to try and get used to it/like it, but still much prefer W7.

any help would be much appreciated,

thank

Super Moderator Array

Hi,

If you haven't already, consider checking with your local ASUS support for more information too at the link below.
    http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

I'm located in the U.S. and am not familiar with what is sold in other regions, but I know there are still a few notebook models sold in the U.S. with Win7, so it's possible there might be something available in your region too.

If you wish to use Win7, it's a good idea to find a notebook that ASUS has approved for Win7 and posted the Win7 drivers to avoid problems.

It takes a little time to learn how to use Win8.1, but if you have any questions about using Win8.1 feel free to ask since you will have a larger choice of notebooks to pick from.

Others will install third party utilities to get your 'Win7' start button back in Win8, but it's not something I've tried.

Thanks.
    Last edited by cl-Albert; 05-05-2014 at 04:18 PM.