ROG Member Array

Few questions from a fairly new owner

Hello everyone, i was just wondering about MaxxAudio i dont seem to have it installed on my Asus G750jz, i looked around and read something about having the latest Realtek Audio and i do have it yet i still cannot find the MaxxAudio program.

Also im a little bit bothered about have i think 4 partitions C95.3GB) Two 465GB (D: and E and an F: with 121GB.
    Is there a way to combine these? or atleast replace the smaller one? I have a spare 1TB on me but i do not know how to deal with having the OS on the small partition.

I apologize in advance for i lack knowledge in most of these things and thank you also in advance.

ROG Member Array

Also i tried uninstalling the Realtek to try n reinstall it but somehow everytime i press uninstall nothing happens, i uninstalled from the device manager and after that i tried doing it on the list of Programs but nothing happens no msg or anything.

ROG Member Array

What i did was go into admin controls and computer management opened the disk managment pugin and i shrunk or deleted all the extra partitions then i extended my os partition to the maximum size (the whole driver) and then added my second hard drive to it

New ROGer Array

go to control panel chose large icon view and look for audio wizard.

New ROGer Array

I would leave the drives the way they are. Terabyte hard drive is more efficient that way. but you can go into disk management and combined them.

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

Quote Originally Posted by Fehaya View Post
    Hello everyone, i was just wondering about MaxxAudio i dont seem to have it installed on my Asus G750jz, i looked around and read something about having the latest Realtek Audio and i do have it yet i still cannot find the MaxxAudio program...
    Fehaya, it might be that the Realtek software reacts differently on the new JM/JS/JZ than the JW/JX/JH, and MaxxAudio isn't supported - I hadn't heard that it wasn't showing up in the new G750's till just now.

It should show up in the Realtek HD Manager under the Speaker config => Audio Wizard tab, and as a separate program icon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Realtek Audio Manager - Audio Wizard Icons.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	36858

Name:	Launch Audio Wizard.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	36857

Name:	select audio preset.JPG 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	36859

Name:	expanded audio preset.JPG 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	36860

It's odd because up until the latest update to Realtek driver from the Notebook Audio download area, I downloaded and used the one from the G750JM area, and it worked fine and has the MaxxAudio Audio Wizard - it even worked for headphones.

Here is the latest Asus ROG version of the Realtek HD driver V6.0.1.7213
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...&m=Audio&os=30

You need to be careful with that download area, sometimes the first downloads in the list aren't the latest, read down the list and make sure that the first one has the highest version number. At this time, the .7213 is the newest and the first one in the list

The installer will uninstall the old driver package, and reboot, then install the new driver package. I would then reboot again before trying it out, or looking for the AudioWizard.

Please come back and let us know if it installs and shows the AudioWizard in the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    Last edited by hmscott; 05-21-2014 at 03:58 AM.

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

Quote Originally Posted by Fehaya View Post
    ...Also im a little bit bothered about have i think 4 partitions C95.3GB) Two 465GB (D: and E and an F: with 121GB.
    Is there a way to combine these? or at least replace the smaller one? I have a spare 1TB on me but i do not know how to deal with having the OS on the small partition..
    Fehaya, it is a mystery as to why Asus does this to all drive / ssd media. They split the media into multiple partitions, making the C partition too small to be useful. Asus does the same with the 1TB drive.

The old school thought on this is that if a partition directory structure gets damaged, you still have the data intact on the other partition(s) that have the directory structure still intact. It is a good thing, but you need to balance that against the size of the drive and the usefulness of the resulting fragments of the whole drive.

The small RAID0 on the JH/JZ is a bad place to implement this policy

What I did was to look at the partitions, and see that the F: DATA partition was next to the C partition, so I could back up my F: partition data and then delete the F: partition and absorb the space into the C: partition. I did that first.

Name:	Windows 81 disk management interface G750JH partitions after combining.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	36861

That change gave me a 217GB C: partition, much more useful.

The other 20GB of partitions include the recovery partition. You don't want to delete that without making a back up of it first. The best tool for backing up the recovery partition is Asus Backtracker - it creates a recovery flash drive that you can boot from and restore the out of the box partitioning and software configuration to both drives in the G750.

A 16GB fast USB 3.0 drive is recommended to get everything backed up and be fast enough to create and use for recovery - I tried a USB 2.0 drive and it took f.o.r.e.v.e.r. to create it and do a recovery from it

Once you verify you can boot on the flash drive and you get the restore options ok, you can delete the recovery partition, you now have a 237GB C partition, and it looks like this:

Name:	G750JH disk partitions.JPG 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	36862

Notice I have combined the partitions on the 1TB drive, and also you can see the Samsung 512GB 840 Pro boot drive I made with the Asus Backtracker flash drive.

Asus Backtracker 3.0.4 from the G750JM download area.
    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/..._64_VER304.zip
    http://support.asus.com/download.asp...9WNtlEOFPl0Q7s