cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG budget gamer / first solo build

Motherland
Level 7
edit 3 : considering the cost of the high end gear available, this is a budget build 🙂

After a few weeks of RMA waiting I have finally finished my first solo build, thanks to some of the guides here and help on the forums.
Very proud of my little black&red machine, it's better then a new car smell.

I took some pictures, I will update with more later, I want to show off the ASUS ultra wide monitor in a shot as well, its a really nice screen especially since I am a huge fan of Reason software from Propellerhead and the portrait mode gives me a huge working space.
Anyway, constructive criticism is appreciated. 🙂

ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
ASUS GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5 GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5
Fractal Design Define R4 case
Thermaltake ToughPower Grand TPG-0850M - SLI/ CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Gold
Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core
G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200)
Samsung PRO 128 GB SSD
Corsair Neutron Series GTX CSSD-N240GBGTXB-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Corsair H100i liquid cpu cooler
4 REPLIES 4

Smaug
Level 7
Very nice equipment for your first build and good cable management. Also, good job hiding those SSDs. Can't even tell they're there. Gotta love those Fractal cases.
Maximus VI Impact, 4770k @4.6GHz, 8Gb Corsair Dom GT 1866, ASUS GTX 760 DCII, Samsung 840 Evo Pro 256Gb SSD, Water Cooled with Bitspower & Alphacool

Motherland
Level 7
Thanks, cable management is something I am not exactly 100% satisfied, I wish i researched a bit more on the power supply and get one with nice cables. My first build had a HIPER psu, very nice braided round modular cables. Still working, my friend built it in 2007.
The hidden SSD mounting in the fractal case is nice, I will have to chew them out for not having a nice large sticker on the case telling people to mount SSD's before the motherboard. Yes, it's in the manual, but still, who reads manuals eh 🙂

meankeys
Level 13
Lookin Good!

Welcome to the ROG

JJVal
Level 7
Looks Great !!!