cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set higher refresh rate - G750JS

awwe_se
Level 7
Hello I have a G750JS with 870m GPU and Intel HD 4600 with Windows 8.1

I want to raise the refresh rate as many in your forum talkt about.

But how do you do that? Tried Cru.exe, wont work? I have only 60hz as option.

Have the AUO screen.

How do you do it onWindows 8.1 UI ? I can't seem to do it.
13 REPLIES 13

hmscott
Level 12
awwe_se wrote:
Hello I have a G750JS with 870m GPU and Intel HD 4600 with Windows 8.1

I want to raise the refresh rate as many in your forum talkt about.

But how do you do that? Tried Cru.exe, wont work? I have only 60hz as option.

Have the AUO screen.

How do you do it onWindows 8.1 UI ? I can't seem to do it.

If you are reading the posts about how to set the refresh, you should have found several discussions on how to use the Nvidia Control Panel to set a Custom Resolution, and that is how you do it. 🙂

Search and find those posts with screen shots on how to do it.

The AUO screen can go up to 70hz at 1920x1080, and the Chi Mei can go up to 100hz.

If you have the AUO screen, it is more important to reduce the screen brightness down to 70%, so you don't sear your retina's - it may take a few days of gradual reduction to get to 70% without it looking too dark - if you have been gazing into 100% brightness your eyes will take a while to readjust.

awwe_se
Level 7
But the problem is that JS is running Optimus and in Windows 8.1 the GPU is Intel HD 4600....

I have no settings in Nvidia control panel regarding refresh rate and resolution.

Then Intel HD 4600 is taking command.

awwe_se wrote:
But the problem is that JS is running Optimus and in Windows 8.1 the GPU is Intel HD 4600....

I have no settings in Nvidia control panel regarding refresh rate and resolution.

Then Intel HD 4600 is taking command.

awwe_se, then you get to figure it out, and post here on how to do it 🙂

awwe_se
Level 7
If I manage, I will 🙂

MrRuckus
Level 10
There should be a "custom modes" in the Intel Graphics Properties. While this is coming from an older integrated Intel graphics, it should be somewhat similar.

This is just done by right clicking on the desktop and choosing graphic properties.

(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

awwe_se
Level 7
Yes there is a custommodeapp.exe that doesnt work in Windows 8.1 the the computer is shipped with 😞

See here: https://communities.intel.com/thread/45623

I get "custom resolution exceeds maximum bandwidth error" if I change the refresh rate.... in the Intel Custommode app.

And I can't get the new hd4600 drivers from Intel either, tried installed them manually but version isn't updated.

awwe_se wrote:
Yes there is a custommodeapp.exe that doesnt work in Windows 8.1 the the computer is shipped with 😞

See here: https://communities.intel.com/thread/45623

I get "custom resolution exceeds maximum bandwidth error" if I change the refresh rate.... in the Intel Custommode app.

And I can't get the new hd4600 drivers from Intel either, tried installed them manually but version isn't updated.

It is still early days for GTX8xx + Optimus + Windows 8.1, it might be a while before everything we had is back. Complain to Nvidia, Intel, Asus, and be patient.

Again, the potential AUO refresh speed difference is gonna be small, 60hz => 70hz, and I am not going to say it isn't worth it- cause it is, but it isn't as important as all that right now. If you get the brightness adjusted nicely, you have optimized it best for your eyes - and can look forward to the refresh rate fix later.

With the Chi Mei, it is critical to get the refresh over 85hz to avoid image flashing under certain conditions, anyone have a Chi Mei screen on the new G750's?

I do it beacues I read that it will minimize the vertical lines I'm seeing.... 😞

awwe_se wrote:
I do it beacues I read that it will minimize the vertical lines I'm seeing.... 😞

Doubtful 🙂

Brightness will do more for that problem. What is the % brightness you are running?