cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Xonar Phoebus Solo - Problem with audio drivers.

Ground_Zero_SPL
Level 7
Hello Asus!

I have this audio card:
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=ROG+Xonar+Phoebus

Why when I set audio driver 24-bit 192 Khz, 176.4 Khz and 96 Khz and in speakers crackling and mild sizzle? When set to 24-Bit 192 Khz sometimes the song is slower ...!? This issue has it all versions audio drivers (in mode Quadro, 5.1 and 7.1). The standard Windows drivers do not have this problem.

I'm with Windows 8.1 x64-bit and audio driver Version 8.1.1.35 . This problem have it with other versions of Windows (Windows Vista SP2 x64, Windows 7 SP1 x64...).

PS. I do not speak English well. If there are errors, I apologize. 🙂
2 REPLIES 2

Neumi
Level 7
hi,
In my case the sound system crashes when a game with surround uses the headphones and another program uses the speakers.
All I hear then is distortion, until I restart the computer.

I can confirm that for some reason songs and audio tracks play with different speed and pitch, when changing the sample rates of the sound card.
This also happens with Video audio tracks, depending on the software used. MPCHC for example doesn't have this problem, my guess is that it doesn't rely on the soundcards timer.
But the audio and video tracks of several games are not synchron, which can become very annoying.

What setting did you use to get the "speed" of the song right?

Karimento
Level 7
I have an issue with drivers in windows 8.1
The card makes a notable click, or switching on sound when i turn on my computer. And in windows 8.1 every time windows makes a sound the Phoebus soundcard makes the same click sound. And it is annoying.
There is no same issue with windows 7. Seems that windows 8.1 puts the card in power saving mode every time there is no sound to be played.
I have looked for the choices to turn off power saving for the soundcard, but no luck.
Maybe i am doing something wrong?