cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus Vi Hero Broadband Modem Disconnecting Problem

sLaver
Level 7
Hello im one of the Asus Maximus Vi Hero motherboard user, using it almost a year, it is a great board

also almost a year i have a problem with my USB Broadband Modem when it connected to my PC, in USB2.0 or USB3.0. sometimes the broadband keep disconnect and there a windows notification say like the modem is being insert to the usb port even im not touching it

im using windows 8, latest BIOS

i try the pinging method but still it keep disconnecting

the broadband always connected to HSDPA, USB modem is updated to the latest driver. i also have 2 laptops (windows 7) and didnt have any problem with the USB modem.

other than USB modem, other USB devices like pendrive, iphone sync, mybook hdd is working perfect

it is windows 8 problem or the board itself?

thanks in advance 😄
9 REPLIES 9

clubfoot
Level 7
If it works in Win7 on your other machines,...I would point to Win8 as the issue especially as the other usb devices work normal.
The Asus Maximus VI Hero Club

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO, i4770K@4.5, Corsair H100i, 16G G.Skill Trident X @2400, MSI7950 xFire, C: Samsung EVO 250G SSD RAID0, BenQ XL2420Z, LG BD burner, Corsair RM1000i, Antec DF-85.

clubfoot wrote:
If it works in Win7 on your other machines,...I would point to Win8 as the issue especially as the other usb devices work normal.

the USB modem working perfect in other win 7 machines, but mostly i use the modem with my PC with windows 8, indeed it keep disconnecting and i need to reconnect when typing this reply

RoGHoliday
Level 9
Have you tried a different USB cables?

RoGHoliday wrote:

yup, i try with cable and without a cable still the same

RoGHoliday wrote:

yup, i try with cable and without a cable still the same

RoGHoliday
Level 9
Sounds like it is Windows 8.

RoGHoliday wrote:

im googling around, and found one solution about disabling xhci in bios. i tried it and it seem fixing the problem, still no single disconnected around 6-7 hours now. will update later

RoGHoliday wrote:

im googling around, and found one solution about disabling xhci in bios. i tried it and it seem fixing the problem, still no single disconnected around 6-7 hours now. will update later

Praz
Level 13
If disabling xHCI fixes the issue the connected device is not compatible with the Haswll PCH. The device needs a firmware update for compatibility or replace the device with one that is compatible.