cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog g750js help this noop

bygone
Level 7
pls help this noob.... i just got this laptop a couple of days ago... when i open display and check adv settings... it shows Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 NOT the geforce gtx870M? is it normal... the laptop dont run as promised it is slow (if u ask me)... pls clarify im new at this thanx

solved.... tnx
9 REPLIES 9

SteelersFANinMA
Level 9
bygone wrote:
pls help this noob.... i just got this laptop a couple of days ago... when i open display and check adv settings... it shows Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 NOT the geforce gtx870M? is it normal... the laptop dont run as promised it is slow (if u ask me)... pls clarify im new at this thanx

It has 2 graphics cards. Unless you're playing a game or doing something graphically intensive, it will run off the Intel card. You should be able to view the NVIDIA card in a program like Speccy or GPU-Z. Also, if you right click on your desktop you can access the NVIDIA Control Panel via the context menu.

bygone
Level 7
tnx... now il feel bttr... i thought .. il need to turn off the intel card @_@

There's another nVidia control panel that lets you choose which card to use for each game if it doesn't choose it automatically.

Chino
Level 15
Open the NVIDIA control panel and navigate to Manage 3D Settings. Under Preferred graphics processor, you can choose the setting you want.

bygone
Level 7
nxt thing is . . .. i want to change my hdd for sddh... any pro hu can giv me compatible brands? like... wd black2 120gb+1tb hdd for my rog g750js.. pls say it in plain english (^_^) im still a noop... ill appreciate the suggestions big tnx again.

Ace0751
Level 7
Look at the Samsung 840 pro 256GB and up if you want to go SSD for your OS.
Intel I7 950, MSI Radeon 290x, Corsair Dominator GT 12GB 2000mhz, 256GB Samsung pro, 2TB WD Black, Danger Den Custom Case, Liquid Cooled

Ace0751 wrote:
Look at the Samsung 840 pro 256GB and up if you want to go SSD for your OS.

thnx . . . also my stock hdd runs at 5400rpm .. do i need to replace that ( i got 2-1T hdd, both at 5400rpm :() ... ill replace my main to ssd and do i need to replace the second? (is there a 7200rpm hydrid or somthing?)

Skat137321
Level 7
No, you can still use one of your current HDD. For just storing data on them, you don't need a 7200rpm model.

Skat137321 wrote:
No, you can still use one of your current HDD. For just storing data on them, you don't need a 7200rpm model.

tnx... last thing .. (hope this is my last problem lol)... i got this razer naga gaming mouse (USB 2) 😞 and this g750 all has USB3.0 and i cant access razer synaps to change some setting in my mouse . . . can any giv me advice on this? big tnx and more power (1500watts) 🙂
PS the mouse works just fine (like a regular mouse)... only that i cant use the other buttons etc 😞