Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 73
  1. #61
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro
    Clintlgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    111
    Posts
    4,174

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFriendism View Post
    Hi, I have ASUS Maximus Hero Seven. I am currently running Windows 8.1 with BIOS: 2702 and My System is Super Stable.

    I have some questions to ask:

    1. Do you think my System is still good to move to Windows 10 (Activated/Original)?

    2. Do you think I should update my BIOS before I install Windows 10? And, If yes then Which Version BIOS?

    3. Do you think I can find some stability issues with Windows 10 and New BIOS (If you recommend for the above question)?

    4. What sort of BIOS Settings I should make or change before I do all these steps?

    System Specs:

    Processor: Intel i7-4790K
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero Seven
    RAM: 16 GB
    SSD: 250 GB
    GPU: GTX 970 4 GB.
    HDD: 1 TB

    Thanks.
    Well since this thread is for Z97 board, if your is similar, I have 2 different Z97 running the latest BIOS both upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and are fully updated they both run just fine on 10. If you look Asus Support Download
    All the Drivers should be there for windows 10? if not then your board is not supported for windows 10 by ASUS. That dosen't mean it won't run 10 it just means Asus is not going to help you find drivers that will work for you.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

    Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

  2. #62
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    Well since this thread is for Z97 board, if your is similar, I have 2 different Z97 running the latest BIOS both upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and are fully updated they both run just fine on 10. If you look Asus Support Download
    All the Drivers should be there for windows 10? if not then your board is not supported for windows 10 by ASUS. That dosen't mean it won't run 10 it just means Asus is not going to help you find drivers that will work for you.
    Hi, Thanks for the reply. Maximus Hero 7 is Z97 Chipset.

    The question is the BIOS Issues. I have seen multiple threads where all the recent BIOS has issues. Could you do some research and let me know about it?

    Because, If I see.. They all are complaining mostly for the random shut-downs and all that.

  3. #63
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chevell65 PC Specs
    chevell65 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z370-H, ROG Maximus VII Z97
    ProcessorIntel 4790K 4.6GHz, Intel i5 8400, Intel e8600 Wolfdale, Intel Q9650 Yorkfield, Intel E6750 Conroe
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill PC3600
    Graphics Card #1GTX 660 OC
    MonitorAsus 23"
    CaseCorsair clear case
    Power SupplyThermaltake
    Keyboard Logitech G15
    Mouse Logitech G9
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterDLink DIR-655, Asus AC88
    chevell65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Reputation
    56
    Posts
    367

    The random shut down issue with Z97 was mostly due to using the wrong Intel MEI drivers.

  4. #64
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro
    Clintlgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    111
    Posts
    4,174

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFriendism View Post
    Hi, Thanks for the reply. Maximus Hero 7 is Z97 Chipset.

    The question is the BIOS Issues. I have seen multiple threads where all the recent BIOS has issues. Could you do some research and let me know about it?

    Because, If I see.. They all are complaining mostly for the random shut-downs and all that.
    Also, the AI III Suite has had an issue with lockups and shutdowns. I'm running two different version and they both work fine for me Personally, I have had one Z97 Pro board I had to replace due to these lockups the replacement board hasn't lockup or shut down in the last few months. So I assume my issue was resolved Had nothing to do with windows 10 as I had the shutdowns on both 8.1 and 10 the particular board was defective.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

    Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

  5. #65
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by chevell65 View Post
    The random shut down issue with Z97 was mostly due to using the wrong Intel MEI drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    Also, the AI III Suite has had an issue with lockups and shutdowns. I'm running two different version and they both work fine for me Personally, I have had one Z97 Pro board I had to replace due to these lockups the replacement board hasn't lockup or shut down in the last few months. So I assume my issue was resolved Had nothing to do with windows 10 as I had the shutdowns on both 8.1 and 10 the particular board was defective.
    Okay. Thanks for the reply.

    This is my motherboard: https://www.asus.com/in/Motherboards...Desk_Download/ and Processor: https://ark.intel.com/products/80807...up-to-4_40-GHz

    Currently, I have 2702 BIOS installed.

    1. Please recommend me, Which version BIOS I should update to for the most. stable system with the Windows 10?

    2. Do I need to reset the settings manually before updating the BIOS?

    3. What sort of stuff, I should do with AI III Suite as @clintlgm said.

    4. What MEI Drivers I should install for my System for the Windows 10?

    Please suggest. If you have any other additional tips because I am newbie in all this. Please suggest.

    Thanks.

  6. #66
    New ROGer Array gboybama PC Specs
    gboybama PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z97-A / USB 3.1
    ProcessorIntel i5 4690k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 16 GB 2400 DDR3
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 2070 Ultra Gamer
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    I don't see this information out there about our old Z97 boards, but I can report that I am successfully booting Windows 10 off a Samsung M.2 970 EVO, connected via adapter into the second graphics card slot on the board.

    I know that populating that second slot drops the first GPU down to 3.0 8X specs, but framerate loss was negligible. I went from 182 to 177 in the Heaven benchmark tool, so I'm calling that acceptable losses.

    Using the adapter, my boot drive is now registering a max read of over 3000 MB/s, when I could previously only achieve about 800 in the M.2 slot. That's pretty near what the SSD is rated for and I think that's pretty sweet on a board this old.

    Asus Z97-A USB 3.1
    Intel i5 4690k @ 4.6 Ghz w/ Corsair liquid cooling
    G.Skill 16GB DDR3 2400
    EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    Samsung 970 EVO - 500 GB

  7. #67
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    How do I enable PCIEX1_2?

    Greetings,
    I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place or not but I'm looking for some help.
    I would like to install a SATA expansion card onto my ASUS z97-a.
    So far I haven't been successful. It seems that slot is disabled by default.
    How do I enable it? Is it simply a toggle in the BIOS?
    Also is there a recommended card for this purpose and motherboard?

    Thanks so much for your attention.
    Cheers.

  8. #68
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro
    Clintlgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    111
    Posts
    4,174

    Quote Originally Posted by Scion Drakhar View Post
    Greetings,
    I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place or not but I'm looking for some help.
    I would like to install a SATA expansion card onto my ASUS z97-a.
    So far I haven't been successful. It seems that slot is disabled by default.
    How do I enable it? Is it simply a toggle in the BIOS?
    Also is there a recommended card for this purpose and motherboard?

    Thanks so much for your attention.
    Cheers.
    I don't remember any settings that turn on or off PCIe slots a SATA expansion card should only need 4 x slot Shouldn't be an issue you may need to install software driver for it however?
    the ones I use are Marvel drivers
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

    Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

  9. #69
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Copy that.
    Upon doing some research the card I purchased may be trash.
    I bought another and it goes into one of the little PCIEX slots (is that right?) as opposed to the larger PCIE slots.
    I was reading the MOBO manual and it mentioned that the PCIEX slots were disabled by default... which prompted the questions seeing as this is new territory.
    In any case, thanks for your time and attention.
    Cheers

  10. #70
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro
    Clintlgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    111
    Posts
    4,174

    Quote Originally Posted by Scion Drakhar View Post
    Copy that.
    Upon doing some research the card I purchased may be trash.
    I bought another and it goes into one of the little PCIEX slots (is that right?) as opposed to the larger PCIE slots.
    I was reading the MOBO manual and it mentioned that the PCIEX slots were disabled by default... which prompted the questions seeing as this is new territory.
    In any case, thanks for your time and attention.
    Cheers
    Not sure what you mean by PCIex, but it goes into on my MB 2nd from the bottom 4X Slot The 2 upper 16x slots are for Video cards and any of the slots below those tow will work including the one in between the two 16X slots that are for Video cards that on my board it also an 8x slot I think you only need to use the slot that fits your card 4x but you can also use the 6x or 8x or even a 16x if you have one open. Only 16x wide cards need to use the latch on the back end of the slot smaller card don't need anything but the slot and back frame screw to hold them in place.
    Last edited by Clintlgm; 09-04-2020 at 03:35 PM.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

    Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •