Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi Raja I have a question is it possible to use any of the fan headers or the CPU_OPT or the CPU_header to control a PWM pump like the Swiftech MCP-655 PWM pump if not what would be the best option to control the pump speed using a temp probe on my VGA card water loop. I was going to use the temp sensor connector on the Maximus vii hero's motherboard to connect a temp probe on the water loop and use the motherboard temp sensor to control one of the fan headers hooked to the pump's PWM lead. is this possible???? hope I'm not confusing everyone but I need to know if this will work if not then I will have to go different route !!!

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

I answered in the other thread..

ROG Enthusiast Array

which thread Raga??? It's not like there is only a couple there is 100's If you could give me a link I would be thankful Thanks Steve

Quote Originally Posted by bitman View Post
    which thread Raga??? It's not like there is only a couple there is 100's If you could give me a link I would be thankful Thanks Steve
    Hello

The other thread you ask this question in. Z97 Fan Headers thread.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks Praz I'm new to all this forum stuff you think a 56 year man would know what he was doing by now lol sorry thanks Steve pls be patient which this old man!!

If you click on your own profile name you can look at all the posts you've made - that's the easiest way to go back. It is usual to post a question in one place only rather than multiple threads but we'll excuse you

New ROGer Array

Raja- I have just purchased an Asus Z97-WS with an i7-4790K cpu and am having trouble setting up 3 ssd's in a raid 0. I have done this in all of my other Z87 boards but am having trouble with this board. Can you answer me as to whether this board supports SSD raid, not HDD raid? The manual only gives information about HDD raid and when I have followed the manual for set up the bios appears to suggest that ssd's are not supported.

SSD RAID is supported. Not sure about 3 drives, never tried it.

-Raja

New ROGer Array

Maximum turbo mode CPU voltage not working properly on Z97-AR

Hi, I mounted a 4790K on my Z97-AR motherboard with a Tuniq Tower Extreme 120 cooler.

I soon noted extremely high temperatures with no overclock and default BIOS setting (up to 90 degrees with few minutes of Prime 95).

With HWiNFO64 I've noted that when the CPU was running in turbo mode (4.4 GHz) I got a CPU core voltage of 1,249V.

So I'm trying to set the BIOS in order to have a lower core voltage in turbo mode, but without success.

I have the latest BIOS for my Z97-AR (version 1205) and, among other options, I've set theese:

Core Voltage = Adaptive
    Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage = 1.200
    Offset mode = +
    CPU core voltage offset = auto
    Total adaptive mode CPU core voltage = 1.200

With theese setting I'm aspecting to have a maximum core voltage of 1,200V when the CPU is under heavy duty, but HWiNFO64 always shows me a maximum core voltage of 1,249V when running a benchmark (Prime95 or RoG Real Bench).

The only way to have lower a voltage is setting the Core Voltage to "manual" whit "CPU core voltage override" to 1.200. I don't like this solution, because I loose the advantages of adaptive mode (lower voltage when the CPU is in IDLE mode).

Can you help me? What I'm doing wrong?

Thank you.

Regards.
    Last edited by Topolaccio; 07-28-2014 at 10:20 AM.

Adaptive mode will increase the Vcore past your set value when running software that contains AVX. Nothing you can do about that really - you've either got to set a lower voltage and hope the CPU remains stable in all other loading conditions or you can try using offset or manual instead and see if you can dial it in that way.

You can also revert to Intel Turbo rules which do not apply the turbo ratio to all cores like the ASUS rule does - to do so disable the multi-core enhance option in UEFI (its within the AI tweaker section of UEFI).

-Raja

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast