cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow rog g750! Am I doing something wrong?

nutcase101
Level 7
I purchased a rog g750 jw/jh? From best buy about 9months ago. I use my laptop for rendering videos, mainly with maya, after effects and premiere.
When I first got the laptop it was great, but after a month I've noticed it slowed down in performance which I thought was due to my rendering. It still worked, and was able to get what I wanted from it, just took a while.
The start up is okay, But once I log in, it usually takes 5-10min for me to be able to bring something up.
What I mean is, I can click things, but they won't load for awhile! Even after, takes a few seconds to load things.
Also while I'm running my composting programs, they will suddenly stop responding and everything will gray out until it response again, but it happens frequently!
I had to send my laptop in for repair because the screen stopped working, the factory said I had a video card problem. They fixed it, but computer is still slow, and I've actually gotten worse! I am no longer able to work on my projects on full resolution, I've actually had to drop it to quarter because it takes way to long to load ONE frame. And now, it's currently taking 20hours to render a 4min video....
I rendered a simular video before I sent it out and it took 17min.... 17min to 20hours is quite a big difference!

I've had a lot of stressful times with this laptop and it's all because it's just soo slow and I really regret making this purchase because I was going to get a mac.
My own computer rates itself as a 4.3 out of 10....
Is their something I'm missing?? Something I should do??

I haven't modified my laptop other then upgrading the ram to 16 from 8, and other then the sending it into to get fixed, I haven't touched it.
1 REPLY 1

MrRuckus
Level 10
Sounds like your GPU and or CPU are throttling for one reason or another. I would look into the throttling threads in this forum and see if you can find the culprit. Is it on battery while rendering? (it shouldnt be). Something like GPU-Z will show you if throttling is occuring.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72