Opinions?:

Next I plan to watch:
15 REPLIES 15

X-ROG
Level 15
Yesterday on the train I watched:

Movie Title: Before Midnight

Score (/10): 3/10

Opinions?: Impressively long acting scenes, but story is utterly, utterly depressing and the characters are miserable. Why this is rated so highly on IMDB/RT I'll never know. Skipped through much of the 2nd half - you can watch it as a clip-show and still understand what's going on.

Next I plan to watch: Cat Returns (1080p Bluray, 10 years ago I watched the DVD)

Antronman
Level 10
A couple of days ago I watched:

Toy Story 3

8.5/10

The movie (despite being what some would call a movie for the very young) is really enjoyable, even after you've seen it twice. By the third movie, the characters are really well sculpted, and the plot is really well outlined. My only problem is a few things that are on a more personal level (while I am not from the south, and yes they have an accent Jessie's accent is absolutely retarded), and also some points docked for the lack of any serious adult values like in the first two movies.

Next I plan on watching whatever happens to catch my fancy, but I can say that next week is this special school thingy, and I'm in a group where we're basically going to spend 6 hours for 5 days in a row in a theater, eating food and watching 10, lengthy, almost all R movies in the course of 5 days. We start at 2, end at 8:30 each day.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Movie Title: Once upon a time in the west

Score (/10): 9/10

Opinions?:
Great spaghetti western from the master of the genre...didn't feel like 3 hours...great directing, great photography, great acting...and the music...well 😉

Next I plan to watch:
Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles (1939)

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Movie Title: Once upon a time in the west

Score (/10): 9/10

Opinions?:
Great spaghetti western from the master of the genre...didn't feel like 3 hours...great directing, great photography, great acting...and the music...well 😉

Next I plan to watch:
Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles (1939)

For a Fistful of Dollars is still the best western ever.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Antronman wrote:
For a Fistful of Dollars is still the best western ever.

ageed.. have you seen 'They Call Me Trinity, Trinity is still my Name, and My Name is Nobody" Comedy westerns..

Movie title.. Space Pirate Captain Harlock.. (Anime)

Score. 7.5/10

Opinion.. Pretty good show, Great Graphics and Art work, In places some of the best I've seen. Story Line's a bit second hand, but far from being Bad. would of scored it 8/10 if a little bit more time went into the story.

Next to Watch, The Monuments Man

IM2L844
Level 12
Movie Title: "Enemy" starring Jake Gyllenhaal

Score (/10): 6

Opinions?: The premise is Siamese Twins separated at birth. That's not quite right. I guess it would be Siamese Twins separated at separation. A really strange movie with a strange and unsatisfying ending. The acting was good, but not great. It would have been boring if the plot concept hadn't been so freaking intriguing. It kept my attention throughout despite the sparseness of any action. I could have done without all the sepia cinematography. Clearly one of the weirdest movies I've seen in a long time and I think it could have been done much better, but all-in-all it was enjoyable and interesting in an intentionally surreal sort of way. I would recommend it if you run out of things to do, but don't go out of your way to see it.

Next I plan to watch: Edge of Tomorrow. I like the idea of a "Groundhog Day" revisited theme and stuff blowing up and guns.

X-ROG
Level 15
Movie Title: Cat Returns

Score (/10): 9

Opinions?: Just, lovely! Light, feel good movie.

Next I plan to watch: Lego movie! (already enjoying the first 40 mins)

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Movie Title: Dragon Ball Z - Battle of Gods

Score (/10): 7

Opinions?: As a long time fan of the entire Dragon Ball Anime series, I was eager to see this movie. This one had a good story, i'll give it that, but it was a bit cheesy at times...though, I was disappointed in the voice acting since the voices were different. I just hope the English version; whenever it comes out sticks with the original voices...if anyone other than Sean Schemmel voices Goku....i'm gonna be upset.

Next I plan to watch: Guardians of The Galaxy - hopefully

Retired
Not applicable
Movie Title: Brazil (1985)

Score (/10): 8

Opinions?: Not obvious or streamlined, a OK movie with Robert Deniro (his best movie ever i think)

Next I plan to watch: I constantly steam movies around the clock, no plans on any movie in particular (what catches my attention)