CPU CoolerCorsair H100i v2
    CaseCoolerMaster Master Case 5 Pro
    Power SupplyCorsair CX750M
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Genius Gila
    Headset Genius HS-G500V
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterTP-Link TL-WR1043ND @ OpenWRT

I am also wondering if should ask for new cable, its kinda long enough for me, but longer would be better, however the main reason is that my cable is weird, I hear a lot of interference in my headphones when using Front base, and when I move the cable a little bit, it gets better, but not perfectly ok for as quality cable as they advertised. Sometimes my headphones are not detected at all..
    Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) / Core i7-8700k / Asus Strix GTX1070 Ti / Corsair Vengeance LED RED DDR4 4x8GB @ 2666Mhz / SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB SSD / 4TB WD Red / CoolerMaster Master Case 5 Pro / Corsair H100i v2 / Corsair CX750M

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by InToSSH View Post
    I am also wondering if should ask for new cable, its kinda long enough for me, but longer would be better, however the main reason is that my cable is weird, I hear a lot of interference in my headphones when using Front base, and when I move the cable a little bit, it gets better, but not perfectly ok for as quality cable as they advertised. Sometimes my headphones are not detected at all..
    Is the cable close to any other Cables or running close to Graphics Cards or CPU Power Area ???
    I kind of think that that might be the cause of your interference
    I would Recommend Contacting Asus about this
    The Longer cable will be easier to be kept away from interfering Components

ROG Enthusiast Array InToSSH PC Specs
    InToSSH PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700k
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LED RED DDR4 4x8GB @ 2666MHz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix GTX 1070 Ti
    MonitorSamsung S24D390
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2WD Caviar Red 4TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i v2
    CaseCoolerMaster Master Case 5 Pro
    Power SupplyCorsair CX750M
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Genius Gila
    Headset Genius HS-G500V
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterTP-Link TL-WR1043ND @ OpenWRT

Thanks for your suggestion DjRavix, unfortunately yes, I was trying to hide it as much as I could so now its going almost all the way in parallel with SATA power cables for HDDs. I will try to move it along the left side of the case, but I guess it won't be long enough.. I will try to contact Asus about that.
    Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) / Core i7-8700k / Asus Strix GTX1070 Ti / Corsair Vengeance LED RED DDR4 4x8GB @ 2666Mhz / SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB SSD / 4TB WD Red / CoolerMaster Master Case 5 Pro / Corsair H100i v2 / Corsair CX750M

ROG Guru: White Belt Array HappyBuddhaman PC Specs
    HappyBuddhaman PC Specs
    MotherboardFormula VII
    Processori7 - 4790K
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Mode
    Graphics Card #1nVidia 650ti (soon to be replaced)
    Storage #1Samsung EVO SSD 120 (OS Only)
    Storage #22 - 1TB HDD's in RAID 0
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water Extreme
    CaseThermaltake Level 10 GT Snow
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1300
    Keyboard Thermaltake MEKA G-UNIT Black switch, illuminated
    Mouse Thermaltake Level 10 wired, red.
    Headset BeyerDynamics DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm
    Mouse Pad DRACONEM Aluminum
    Headset/Speakers Corsair SP2500 2.1
    OS Windows 10
    Accessory #1 ROG Front Base

Try contacting jolene_lyseng <techsupport@asus.com>, she was very helpful to me. Warranty is three years I believe too.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by tcrews63 View Post
    Try contacting jolene_lyseng <techsupport@asus.com> she took very good care of me and within a week had the new cable
    I Tried to Ask Nicely to Pierre Kotlarski <techsupport@asus.com> From the Dutch Asus Tech Support About this
    And He was not able to provide me with A way to get the Replacement Cable
    In Fact he told me too look at a couple of stores where I might be able to Buy the Cable I need
    What Kind Of Support is that ... Or contact the store where I bought the Unit
    So I asked him to forward my Message to Jolene Lyseng
    He Replies back that he is not able to Help me (Probably without sending a note to Jolene Lyseng)
    C'mon Asus ... Cant People within your support not even contact others from your support
    And till so far your support team over here seems like not being able to do any thing except tell to go back to the store
    Even something as simple as Arranging a RMA Seems to be a problem for them
    However This Still Doesn't solve the problem
    I am Going to Try the Store for now
    However If Anybody From ASUS Out Here Could Solve My Problem
    Contact Pierre Kotlarski He is aware About it and might like it that he will be able to Actually help somebody

Sorry, DjRavix. I don't have any good news for you. I Just wanted to pass this along to ROG Maximus VI owners who might now be skeptical about getting a Front Base. I installed my Front Base yesterday. I had no issues. There was no disk, but I was able to download the software driver with the latest updates from http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG...Desk_Download/ . Everything works perfectly and the cables are plenty long for my Antec P280 (not small) case setup. Documentation is a little sketchy, but I was either able to figure it out or I just got lucky. In either case, somebody at Asus really should encourage their technical writers to be a little more expansive in their user manuals (I've always thought this with all of my Asus products).

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I have emailed the tech support address twice over the last 2 weeks and have not gotten a reply at all about obtaining longer cables. I have one more week to send this back. I will send it back at the end of this week and just buy a recon controller if Asus doesn't get back with me.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by IM2L844 View Post
    Sorry, DjRavix. I don't have any good news for you. I Just wanted to pass this along to ROG Maximus VI owners who might now be skeptical about getting a Front Base. I installed my Front Base yesterday. I had no issues. There was no disk, but I was able to download the software driver with the latest updates from http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG...Desk_Download/ . Everything works perfectly and the cables are plenty long for my Antec P280 (not small) case setup. Documentation is a little sketchy, but I was either able to figure it out or I just got lucky. In either case, somebody at Asus really should encourage their technical writers to be a little more expansive in their user manuals (I've always thought this with all of my Asus products).
    I looked up the Antec P280 Case That you have
    It's A Midi Tower and it has it's 5.25" Bays pretty close to where the motherboard is
    Also I do not know witch witch 5.25" Bays you use to mount your ROG Front Base in and if there is an optical drive under it
    I run into the problem that there also is a Blu-ray Drive underneath my ROG Front Base
    I Might be able to just reach it ... however the cable will be running over the heatpipes of the GPU
    And I am pretty sure that would not be a very wise idea
    Also note that If I would run Any kind of Multi GPU Card setup I would not be able to connect it
    The point is that asus actually Should have included a long enough cable to be able to use it in the most biggest Cases That there are

Quote Originally Posted by pathfindercod View Post
    I have emailed the tech support address twice over the last 2 weeks and have not gotten a reply at all about obtaining longer cables. I have one more week to send this back. I will send it back at the end of this week and just buy a recon controller if Asus doesn't get back with me.
    I Agree ... If I do not Get A Replacement cable ... I will have to get A Refund
    I See This as A Factory Defect Since it's in a case that existed Long before ASUS Made The ROG Front Base
    This means that ASUS Should have known that the cable should be Longer
    So They Should Actually Replace it

ROG Enthusiast Array

thanks for that info bro... I just contacted them and I have one on the way already... that is great stuff
    Asus Maximus VI Formula MB, Intel Core I7 4770K CPU, Thermaltake Overseer RX-II Case, H100 Corsair Cooler Push/Pull Config, 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 Ram, EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Dual Classified w/ EVGA A w/ Backplate, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G Gold Power Supply, Window 7 Ultimate x64,

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I emails them 4-5 times and never got a response so i sent the front base back. Besides that I could not control and pam fans on any headers other than the cpu header with my RIVBE... So it was pretty much useless...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast