Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array HappyBuddhaman PC Specs
    HappyBuddhaman PC Specs
    MotherboardFormula VII
    Processori7 - 4790K
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Mode
    Graphics Card #1nVidia 650ti (soon to be replaced)
    Storage #1Samsung EVO SSD 120 (OS Only)
    Storage #22 - 1TB HDD's in RAID 0
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water Extreme
    CaseThermaltake Level 10 GT Snow
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1300
    Keyboard Thermaltake MEKA G-UNIT Black switch, illuminated
    Mouse Thermaltake Level 10 wired, red.
    Headset BeyerDynamics DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm
    Mouse Pad DRACONEM Aluminum
    Headset/Speakers Corsair SP2500 2.1
    OS Windows 10
    Accessory #1 ROG Front Base

ROG Front Base cord update.

An FYI. Longer AAFP cords are in for the ROG Front Base and shipping to people who request them. Power cords are not being replaced.

Does anyone know of a good place to get an after market AAFP header "Y" splitter and a USB 1112 header "Y" splitter. I want to be able to use the AAFP header that Front Base needs for a second pair of headphones. For instance, sometimes my granddaughter sits on my lap and watches videos or plays games which my wife, who sits nearby doing other things on her computer, would appreciate the both of us being able to easily and simultaneously plug in separate headphones. And I need the USB header for Corsair Link as well as the USB 2.0 ports on my front panel. I'm just guessing splitters would solve these issues. If there are reasons, I'm unaware of, for why I shouldn't attempt this, I would appreciate a heads up.
    Last edited by IM2L844; 05-14-2014 at 12:52 PM. Reason: clarification

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Thank You For The Info
    MB: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
    CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 (Cooled by Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 fans)
    RAM: 64GB G.SKILL RipjawsZ 1600 (10-10-10-30)
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X Hybrid
    TV Tuners: 2 * Hauppauge HVR-1800
    Case: CoolerMaster Cosmos 2

Quote Originally Posted by IM2L844 View Post
    Does anyone know of a good place to get an after market AAFP header "Y" splitter and a USB 1112 header "Y" splitter. I want to be able to use the AAFP header that Front Base needs for a second pair of headphones. For instance, sometimes my granddaughter sits on my lap and watches videos or plays games which my wife, who sits nearby doing other things on her computer, would appreciate the both of us being able to easily and simultaneously plug in separate headphones. And I need the USB header for Corsair Link as well as the USB 2.0 ports on my front panel. I'm just guessing splitters would solve these issues. If there are reasons, I'm unaware of, for why I shouldn't attempt this, I would appreciate a heads up.
    I don't have an answer for the AAFP header (yet), but as for expanding the motherboard USB capability, I installed two NZXT IU-01 USB Expander Boards directly to the 2 x M6E mobo headers, to allow more connections, e.g. Corsair Link, LCD/TFT Display (Sys/Performance read-outs), Front USB Panel, etc.

Item can be seen at: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811997024 or http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/9...case-accessory

I originally had the IU-01's secured to the bottom on my HAF-X case under the HDD rack w/ velcro. I subsequently have taken an Evercool 5.25 Drive Bay Drawer and modified it to hold the USB Expanders, Fan Controllers, & other small Circuit Board related items. It keeps them tucked away, reduced accidental contact/short, yet I can pull the drawer out if I need to get to them to plug in a USB drive, etc.

I don't know if this is what you were looking for, but I thought I would throw it in for consideration.
    System Info: Maximus VI Extreme; Intel i7-4770k; G.Skill Trident-X, 2400 x 32 GB; PNY Optima, 240 GB x 3; WD Black, 4 TB x 2; EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified ACX; Cooler Master HAF-X; Cooler Master Nepton 280L; Corsair AF 120 & 140mm Fans, Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 & 230mm Fans; XFX Pro 1000W, Platinum PSU; Windows 8.1 Pro; Logitech G19s, G602 & C920; Accessories: ASUS- ROG Front Base, ThunderboltEX II, & NFC Express; NZXT- HUE RGB LED Controller, IU01 USB Expander, & Grid Fan Hub.

I don't know if this is what you were looking for, but I thought I would throw it in for consideration.
    I do appreciate it, Nos Defions, but the thought of dead ports on the front of my chassis would drive me even more insane than I already am.

I think I found what I'm looking for here:

http://www.moddiy.com/products/10%25...%285cm%29.html

and here:

http://www.moddiy.com/products/10%25...FaQF7Aod5g4AcA

Again, if anyone knows why these won't work or why this is a bad idea, I would be eternally grateful to get that information before I spend any money.

Oh well, I'd kind of like to have Font Base, but this is just turning out to be more trouble than it's worth. I think I'll just have to pass until ASUS makes it less of a hassel.

Does anyone have the specific ASUS number/office to contact ref the ROG Front Base longer cables ?

I just looped through half a dozen ASUS numbers, including establishing "Support/Tech Case", and am still no where near a resolution (or finding anyone that knows what is going on).

Thanks
    System Info: Maximus VI Extreme; Intel i7-4770k; G.Skill Trident-X, 2400 x 32 GB; PNY Optima, 240 GB x 3; WD Black, 4 TB x 2; EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified ACX; Cooler Master HAF-X; Cooler Master Nepton 280L; Corsair AF 120 & 140mm Fans, Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 & 230mm Fans; XFX Pro 1000W, Platinum PSU; Windows 8.1 Pro; Logitech G19s, G602 & C920; Accessories: ASUS- ROG Front Base, ThunderboltEX II, & NFC Express; NZXT- HUE RGB LED Controller, IU01 USB Expander, & Grid Fan Hub.

ROG Member Array

Try contacting jolene_lyseng <techsupport@asus.com> she took very good care of me and within a week had the new cable

Quote Originally Posted by tcrews63 View Post
    Try contacting jolene_lyseng <techsupport@asus.com> she took very good care of me and within a week had the new cable
    Thanks for the info

ROG Guru: White Belt Array HappyBuddhaman PC Specs
    HappyBuddhaman PC Specs
    MotherboardFormula VII
    Processori7 - 4790K
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Mode
    Graphics Card #1nVidia 650ti (soon to be replaced)
    Storage #1Samsung EVO SSD 120 (OS Only)
    Storage #22 - 1TB HDD's in RAID 0
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water Extreme
    CaseThermaltake Level 10 GT Snow
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1300
    Keyboard Thermaltake MEKA G-UNIT Black switch, illuminated
    Mouse Thermaltake Level 10 wired, red.
    Headset BeyerDynamics DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm
    Mouse Pad DRACONEM Aluminum
    Headset/Speakers Corsair SP2500 2.1
    OS Windows 10
    Accessory #1 ROG Front Base

Jolene was the woman who helped me and she was great, should be getting it via FedEx any day now, sorry I didn't respond sooner.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by IM2L844 View Post
    I do appreciate it, Nos Defions, but the thought of dead ports on the front of my chassis would drive me even more insane than I already am.

I think I found what I'm looking for here:

http://www.moddiy.com/products/10%25...%285cm%29.html

and here:

http://www.moddiy.com/products/10%25...FaQF7Aod5g4AcA

Again, if anyone knows why these won't work or why this is a bad idea, I would be eternally grateful to get that information before I spend any money.

Oh well, I'd kind of like to have Font Base, but this is just turning out to be more trouble than it's worth. I think I'll just have to pass until ASUS makes it less of a hassel.
    The First one is actually pretty nice
    However Be aware of interference from one of both AAFP Cables if there is a problem with one of them both of them will have interference

The other cable is just a standard USB Header to 2 USB Ports (Useful For cases that don't have 10 Pin USB Headers)
    as Nos Defions recommends the NZXT IU-01 would be more useful (its actually a Internal Powered USB Hub)
    You will be able to hook up 3 of those cables to that
    it has 2 USB Ports directly on the PCB and 3 10 pin USB headers witch is good for a total of 8 USB Ports
    I actually have One inside my Case
    I have the front Panel Connectors of my case, Corsair Link And 3 Licence Dongles for some Software connected to it

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast