cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam problem

Retired
Not applicable
Hi! Yesteday I buy my g74sx. But looks like my webcam is dead... I cant install the webcam driver, its stops with error. I try both driver, the azure and the Chicony too, just error message. Skype and asus virtualcam dont find any webcam. I think the biggest problem, there`s no trace of it in the devicemanager, dont find it and no unknown hardver. I check Bios, may be I need turn on something, but nothing (202ver.) Any ideas, advice? thx, for the help!
13 REPLIES 13

dstrakele
Level 14
If you "Action - Scan for hardware changes" from the Device Manager top menu, does it show up under Imaging Devices as ASUS USB2.0 Webcam?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Retired
Not applicable
Ofc, I try it, dont show up. I dont have Images Devices on the list (Just if I plug in my old USB WEbcam, that show up few sec, and works fine, but no asus usb2.0 webcam) Maybe USB drive missing/wrong? I install USB 3.0 (Fresco) driver, mspatch too, and usb ports works fine.

I think you have a bad webcam. It should show up in device manager. And the drivers installed for mine are from Microsoft, so they should be installed by Windows.

I'd say either return it to your retailer or set up an RMA with Asus.

Sorry man. 😞
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

dstrakele
Level 14
I agree with you in that I would next check the USB Controllers in Device Manager. Do any display a yellow dot indicating a problem? I am unsure which USB Device(s) control the camera. Here is how mine appear in Device Manager on my G74SX-A1 for comparison:

I recommend you PM Chastity@ASUS and ask her to please review this thread.

Retired
Not applicable
Thx for the answers! I spoke with asus rma, he say: check bios or try clean install ( he say the same, win7 should recognize the webcam), if its not works, contact my retailer. I try today win7 reinstall, may be that help.

dstrakele
Level 14
Or since you just got it yesterday, maybe the retailer would exchange it and you wouldn't need to spend your time reinstalling Windows 7.

Retired
Not applicable
News! Reinstall dont help, but I find the problem, if I move the cover,some angles, sometime its works, Skype and devicemanager see it. Looks like contact failure. Im not lucky... I need exchange it. But the retailer dont work on the weekend, and the shop is 3hour away from my home.... dooh!

dstrakele
Level 14
Good Troubleshooting, meoh! Sorry you have to make the 6 hour roundtrip. Hope your replacement is perfect.

Retired
Not applicable
Thx dstrakele! I hope too 🙂 Funny that I know ~5 G owner, they have no problem, just Im the luckyone 🙂