cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus new drivers for nvidia GPUs?

Hitchy
Level 7
Hi guys,

I was wondering is there any new drivers release from ASUS regarding nvidia GPUs for the G750 series Laptops?

The only update i found is in this thread that dates back to december 2013

For me i just aquired the G750JW that comes with the nvidia gtx 765m and i'm still running with the stock drivers 311.93

tx
10 REPLIES 10

hmscott
Level 12
Hitchy wrote:
Hi guys,

I was wondering is there any new drivers release from ASUS regarding nvidia GPUs for the G750 series Laptops?

The only update i found is in this thread that dates back to december 2013

For me i just aquired the G750JW that comes with the nvidia gtx 765m and i'm still running with the stock drivers 311.93

tx

Early on using the Asus drivers was a good idea, but now Nvidia drivers downloaded directly from Nvidia, including the BETA's, like 337.50 work fine. Asus likely won't update the Nvidia drivers for the JW/JX/JH again, and probably the same for the JM/JS/JZ.

It is just how it works - Asus provides the compatible drivers early on, feeds the details to Nvidia to be incorporated into the general releases, and then we can just download them from Nvidia directly.

Master_Po
Level 7
I have a question. What drivers do you recommend using? Because my current drivers doesn't even support GeForce GTX 880M

Master Po wrote:
I have a question. What drivers do you recommend using? Because my current drivers doesn't even support GeForce GTX 880M

Master Po, I don't have a JZ, I have a JH, so I can't actually check the support for the 880m on my own hardware, but AFAIK the only driver that mentions GTX8xx support is the 337.50 BETA. But, as with all BETA's you will get 2 Steps forward on some things, and 1 Step back on others.

You should expect when buying the first of a new GTX card device, you will be waiting for several Nvidia driver updates before stability, features, and performance start to come into focus. Early times are rough with all new hardware releases.

It is part of the joy of ownership of bleeding edge tech 🙂

Master_Po
Level 7
But what do you recommend for me? I mean, those drivers I have now.. how do I know if they are better than the BETA one?

Like, my current up-to-date thru GeForce Experience is... 332.60

Master Po wrote:
But what do you recommend for me? I mean, those drivers I have now.. how do I know if they are better than the BETA one?
Like, my current up-to-date thru GeForce Experience is... 332.60

Master Po, I just explained to you what my suggestion for the best Nvidia driver is, and showed you the Nvidia results for what driver they suggest on the Nvidia driver download site for the 880m, Windows 8.1 x64 - the BETA 337.50.

In the GeForce Experience, do you have the Beta box checked, next to the Check for Updates button? If you don't the Geforce Experience probably defaults to the latest WHQL driver for WIndows 8.1.

hmscott wrote:
Master Po, I just explained to you what my suggestion for the best Nvidia driver is, and showed you the Nvidia results for what driver they suggest on the Nvidia driver download site for the 880m, Windows 8.1 x64 - the BETA 337.50.

In the GeForce Experience, do you have the Beta box checked, next to the Check for Updates button? If you don't the Geforce Experience probably defaults to the latest WHQL driver for WIndows 8.1.

So why is your GeForce 337.50 Driver the latest for Windows 8.1, when mine is 332.60 after doing the update?

Master Po wrote:
So why is your GeForce 337.50 Driver the latest for Windows 8.1, when mine is 332.60 after doing the update?

He's looking at the BETA drivers.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

MrRuckus wrote:
He's looking at the BETA drivers.

Still I see people show 335.23 drivers that is NOT beta.
While my NVIDIA Experience says 332.60 is the newest? So friggin' confused.

Even hmscott has 335.23

Master Po wrote:
Still I see people show 335.23 drivers that is NOT beta.
While my NVIDIA Experience says 332.60 is the newest? So friggin' confused.

Even hmscott has 335.23

I am hmscott... and I am using 337.50, as I have posted numerous times for you 🙂

Where did you get the idea that "Even hmscott has 335.23" ???

I am hmscott and I am using 337.50 --- ok?

Other people don't have your laptop version, with your video card version, so they / you will see different recommended driver versions.

And, if they don't click the BETA box in Geforce Experience they won't see the BETA drivers available for their card, if there are any.

Once a release driver for a BETA comes out, there won't be a BETA driver to download for them until the next BETA comes out.

But, 337.50 Beta is good for you, and is the newest driver for the GTX880m, so give it a try, ok? That is what you asked for, right? The newest driver available for your video card, the GTX880m.

337.50 Beta
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/74637

And, don't forget to do a Clean Install, but selecting Custom Install and then checking the box that says "Do a clean install".

Let us know how that works out for you 🙂