cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750JW Audio Crackle

markthornton90
Level 7
Hi all,

Since I bought my G750JW notebook back in August 2013, I have had an issue with the audio intermittently crackling. This is from either the inbuilt speakers or headphones if I am using them.

I searched the issue a while ago and found a temporary fix was to change the default sound format within the Realtek HD Audio Manager from 44100hz to 48000hz and back again and this has worked.

The issue however it becoming really annoying and the crackling right now is quite bad.

Any solutions?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

markthornton90
Level 7
Interestingly, the crackle was particularly bad whilst I was downloading a large file from Steam. Now that the download has finished, the audio on the same part of the same film is perfect. Anything to do with it?

markthornton90
Level 7
Anyone got any ideas? I have today formatted and gone back to Windows 7 and the problem seems to have gotten worse.

I now have a constant crackle/popping noise through speakers and ear/headphones. I am using Realtek Audio Driver 6.0.1.7095

Thanks

RogBo
Level 7
Is this happening when plugged in or only in battery mode?

As I also get audio crackle when I am running on battery mode and doing things in the background when playing a video/music. No problems when plugged in though.

theclaw37
Level 9
mark, use 7231, it (mostly) got rid of the annoying crackle problem.