ROG Enthusiast Array

Is there any way to disable adaptive brightness on battery?

I've tried to disable the adaptive brightness, both in Windows power settings, and in the Nvidia control panel. I have succeeded when it's plugged in, but when I'm running on battery it's still on.

Adaptive brightness is annoying, as it brightens when I have a white background, but dims when it's a darker scene. So for a dark movie, the display dims and makes it hard to watch. I like sitting outside when on battery, and the laptop isn't very good for that if it's going to keep dimming.

Is there a way to disable this "feature"? The screen isn't too bright for outside use anyway, I need every bit of light I can get.

New ROGer Array

It is unbelievable that something like this isn't fixed, everytime i use my laptop on battery this annoys me.

New ROGer Array

I feel you on that. Happens a LOT when I'm watching South Park. It'll start flashing every other scene >.< I haven't gotten around to actually trying it yet, but there is a service (at least in Windows 7) called Adaptive Brightness. This might be able to be disabled to prevent auto brightness adjustments. It shouldn't cause any other problems once disabled, but I can't guarantee anything. Be careful when messing with services to avoid headaches later >.<