cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Asus RMA department did it again!

irdmoose
Level 10
So this time I was a little frustrated. Last week I packed up my G73JW-XA1 and sent it in to the Milpitas, CA repair center for a second screen replacement. It had developed a fairly bright spot on one side of the screen and a couple clusters of dead pixels on the other side. Needless to say after sending it in not 4 months before for the same issue, I was a bit miffed. However, them's the breaks with hardware. It happens sometimes.

I shipped it out last Thursday (9-29), and I was hoping that it would only take a week like it did last time. When I got home from school, there was a package sitting on my office chair. When I saw it I let out a "squee" of joy. I missed having my porta-beast, and have been looking forward to loading BF3 on it all week. When I opened up the box and looked at the service tag, my jaw hit the floor. I actually did a double take. Not only did they replace the entire screen assembly (bezel, case, etc.), they also replaced my 750GB Seagate HDD. When I opened the case to find out what they gave me (figuring they booted it, detected a problem, and simply replaced it), I discovered they had replaced it with the exact same drive that I'd been looking at replacing it with anyway. I now have a shiny 750GB Western Digital Scorpio Black.

As I write this, I'm restoring the image that I made before I sent it in, and I'm excited to put the new drive through its paces. This experience has cemented my next motherboard and laptop purchases firmly in the hands of Asus!

So thank you to the crew in the Milpitas repair center, and thank you to Asus ROG. I look forward to seeing you guys at GeForce Lan 6 and winning an Asus motherboard (or maybe a second G73... hehe)!
5 REPLIES 5

Lorca
Level 7
Nice to see Asus employees? going the extra mile for their customers; that in the long run, wins more customers. Your patience was rewarded indeed.

chrsplmr
Level 18
++ Moose...Thats how it is done...Lets hope everyone follows your lead.

These are great overworked, tired, dedicated people. They need to make you happy. Thats how they
keep their jobs and smiles...so dont get mad..so you go on the bottom of the pile...let them smile.
You owe it to them to make their day.

Thank You for coming forward and sharing Sir.c.

Cyrekk
Level 10
That is fantastic! Great job ASUS, way to handle it Moose!
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

irdmoose
Level 10
I think this service center was an independent RMA center, but still they represented Asus well. In fact the people on the phone that I spoke to were awesome as well. There really wasn't any questioning or attempt to blame me for the failure of the device (I'm looking at you Dell/Alienware), and the support representative created the RMA ticket right away.

I know others have had issues with support, and being a computer tech myself I can say for sure that you get far better service by being kind and understanding than by being belligerent and demanding. Many of these repairs take time, sometimes as long as several weeks, and I understand that it's frustrating. However, remember that the technicians and support representatives are people too, and sometimes they're stuck behind back orders of parts, company policy, or incomplete information.

I certainly hope the guys from the Milpitas service center are at GeForce Lan 6. I'd like to thank them personally for another great service experience.

FYI, I am not employed by Asus (I wish I was, I could really use a job right now).

irdmoose wrote:
...I am not employed by Asus (I wish I was, I could really use a job right now).

So say we all.

/salute
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS