cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite dipawaymode.exe error

Sayjimwoo
Level 7
I pretty much upgrade my entire PC every year and the last 3 generations of the Asus Deluxe motherboards including the Z97 has the same old event log Application crash error "dipawaymode.exe" on every boot, which in turn gives you an error in the Windows error report.
Short of uninstalling AI Suite (I use it to control my fans) Why haven't Asus fixed this error in the last 3 motherboards? Surely someone at Asus must be seeing this error over and over the last few years.
W10 Pro - Phantek ATX Glass - Asus Maximus IX Formula - Zonar Phoebus - Intel i7 7700k - Corsair H115i - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - 1080ti Sea Hawk X - 3x Samsung 850 evo 1tb - 2x WD Black 2tb - Pioneer Blu-Ray - Corsair RM850 - Razer Deathadder Chroma - Razer Ultimate Stealth 2016 - BenQ XL2720Z 27 144hz Gaming Monitor - Oculus Rift
9 REPLIES 9

Sayjimwoo
Level 7
I guess no one had a solution?
Anyway, because the Z97 boards have the new fan control in the bios I decided to uninstall AI Suite III completely and control the fan speeds via the bios. I set all 5 fans to silent, saved and quit. You then get the usual reminder of your changes in the bios. In my case all the fans showed the change from Standard to Silent. But then I noticed that Fan 4 had changed to TURBO??? I reset and went straight to bios again, maybe it was my mistake? Again I set all fans to SILENT saved and quit and the message again showed Fan 4 was set to TURBO??? I returned to the fan settings a 3rd time and set Fan 4 to TURBO then saved and quit, and guess what?.......it saved correctly to SILENT. It must be a bug in the latest bios which has SILENT and TURBO mixed up.

Basically to get all fans in Silent I had to do this -

CPU Silent
Fan 1 Silent
Fan 2 Silent
Fan 3 Silent
Fan 4 Turbo
W10 Pro - Phantek ATX Glass - Asus Maximus IX Formula - Zonar Phoebus - Intel i7 7700k - Corsair H115i - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - 1080ti Sea Hawk X - 3x Samsung 850 evo 1tb - 2x WD Black 2tb - Pioneer Blu-Ray - Corsair RM850 - Razer Deathadder Chroma - Razer Ultimate Stealth 2016 - BenQ XL2720Z 27 144hz Gaming Monitor - Oculus Rift

Wickman
Level 7
Interesting, I have Z97 myself.
What Bios version do you run?

(Don't reply "latest version" because that says actually nothing.) 😉

Wickman wrote:
Interesting, I have Z97 myself.
What Bios version do you run?

(Don't reply "latest version" because that says actually nothing.) 😉

Hi Wickman, I was using version 0801 but I just now noticed a new bios update. I will update to the bios 0901 and keep you posted with the fan settings.

Sayjimwoo wrote:
Hi Wickman, I was using version 0801 but I just now noticed a new bios update. I will update to the bios 0901 and keep you posted with the fan settings.

Thank you, that would be nice.
I am waiting.

🙂

Wickman wrote:
Thank you, that would be nice.
I am waiting.

🙂

Just updated to the latest bios and fan speed bug still remains. I wonder if it is just the Z97 Deluxe that has this issue. Have you tried it yet Wickman? 🙂

Wickman
Level 7
I have now tried it with the first version 0603.
It's the same, the bug is there as well.

Good that you find it.

🙂

Wickman wrote:
I have now tried it with the first version 0603.
It's the same, the bug is there as well.

Good that you find it.

🙂

I emailed Asus support explaining the issue. They are going to get back to me in a couple of days. I'll keep you posted.

Can this be really happening? So many years away?
I'm getting Assertion failed: hinstaLibrary, file State.cpp, line 193

MkII1200
Level 7
hi guys i have this problem after installing some updates from windows my suite show me this errors when my sytem is started

(dipAwayMode.exe assertion failed: pdir != NULL file state.ccp, line 175)
and this
(dipAwayMode.exe abnormal program termination)

I have already uninstalled the application with the tool and installed from the drivers cd, from the asus official website, also downloaded using the armory create tool without obtaining the solution to the problem, any idea how to solve it?