cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard Lights Not Turning on!

HulkSmash
Level 8
Hey guys, so it was time I did a repaste on my G75. I usually overclock it to 1200mhz on my gtx 600m, and would get up to 75C at most. But recently I even hit the 90s once. Did the repaste, worked great! A little Arctic Silver 5 and my temps are now hitting 62C max fully overclocked! 😛
But anyways my keyboard lights are not turning on anymore :(. Maybe I left a cable behind, or maybe one of the cables came out when putting back the keyboard (so little space to work in lol). But could anyone point out which specific cable is connected to the lights so I can take a closer look at it? I'm not sure which one it is <<

Thanks in advance!
1 REPLY 1

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Thanks for the screenshot and glad to hear you could get your temperatures down at least.

There should be a larger flat ribbon cable from the keyboard and a smaller one for the keyboard light, so keep an eye out for that smaller cable.

You may want to help us confirm, but it looks like your 2 keyboard cables should go to the connectors indicated by the green squares and the smaller one will be for the keyboard light.

Good luck!

By the way your fans looked a little dusty in your picture, so you may want to clean those too if you haven't already?