cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JX in W7 with BT Oddity

Coogah
Level 7
I have a G750JX that I installed Windows 7 and upgraded to Ultimate. Everything is fine, all drivers are installed, and I've had no problems with W7. However, I recently tried connecting my phone via Bluetooth and some odd problems are occurring. Through troubleshooting, I've pinpointed the problem to this: Wireless3 controls WAN functions only and does nothing to enable/disable BT; therefore the only way to enable BT is to go in to Device Manager and enable/disable the Bluetooth Module. Furthermore, due to the module being disabled all the time, the icon does not stay in the system tray for quick/easy access to BT functions.

I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the BT driver and W3 console. I'm stumped on what to try next. I made the mistake of disabling some services in an attempt to get my process list down from 80 and so it IS possible I have disabled something needed. However, I reset AtherosSvc, WWAN AutoConfig, and ZAtheros Bt and Wlan Coex Agent back to start automatically. Bluetooth Support Service remains at Manual setting, although I have changed it to Automatic.

Is there ANY way to get this to work without the ache of going in to Device Manager all the time?

Running a Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Adaptor
3 REPLIES 3

Coogah
Level 7
Bump to see if anyone has any ideas on this.

hmscott
Level 12
Coogah wrote:
I have a G750JX that I installed Windows 7 and upgraded to Ultimate. Everything is fine, all drivers are installed, and I've had no problems with W7. However, I recently tried connecting my phone via Bluetooth and some odd problems are occurring. Through troubleshooting, I've pinpointed the problem to this: Wireless3 controls WAN functions only and does nothing to enable/disable BT; therefore the only way to enable BT is to go in to Device Manager and enable/disable the Bluetooth Module. Furthermore, due to the module being disabled all the time, the icon does not stay in the system tray for quick/easy access to BT functions.
I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the BT driver and W3 console. I'm stumped on what to try next. I made the mistake of disabling some services in an attempt to get my process list down from 80 and so it IS possible I have disabled something needed. However, I reset AtherosSvc, WWAN AutoConfig, and ZAtheros Bt and Wlan Coex Agent back to start automatically. Bluetooth Support Service remains at Manual setting, although I have changed it to Automatic.
Is there ANY way to get this to work without the ache of going in to Device Manager all the time?
Running a Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Adaptor

What network driver version numbers do you have installed? The newest drivers should install on Windows 7, try downloading them from the JM download area.

The latest BT driver packages are downloadable from the G750JM/JS/JZ download areas, the JW/JX/JH download areas are a bit dated now.

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=G750JM&hashedid=hk9WNtlEOFPl0Q7s

v8.0.1.314

An even newer release v8.0.1.318, the one I use, is available here:
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Bluetooth&p=3&ft=27&os=30

DGPost
Level 7
I have the same Notebook, and I didnt find the win 7 drivers!!! where I can find them????
Im not happy with 8.1 performance
ThanKS!