Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Knotic View Post
    Already thread for voting. So, till when we can submit our entrys, until july 6th, or? Also, how you will cope with the multitude of new accounts that will be created ​​only to vote? You should have made a rule also that only a person with minimum 30 days and 15 post can vote (except the entrants) to prevent cheating.
    This isn't the first time we've had wallpaper contests, it's pretty obvious if 100 people from the same IP vote on the same entry.

I totally agree with Knotic, you don't have to create multiple accounts to vote for your work, you can just ask your friends. And remember that many people have dynamic IP, so they can change it each time they make a new account. Allowing only people with certain number of posts (or days of membership) to vote, could prevent this.

ROG Member Array

http://i.imgur.com/Fd2An8E.jpg
    name: ROG - Galaxy of fame

ROG Member Array

despite the fact that the IP can be dynamic it changes very slowly. a person needs to shut town its router for almost a day to have a new IP. and what is the problem of users with 0 (zero) activity on the forum to vote? participants are just asking for its friends to vote for them. that is the same in all contests with votes.

Quote Originally Posted by pedroxd View Post
    despite the fact that the IP can be dynamic it changes very slowly. a person needs to shut town its router for almost a day to have a new IP.
    It depends on the ISP provider. In my case it takes only few seconds to get a new IP. I just press the "reset" button and when the router re-establishes the connection I have another IP assigned. I have never had the same IP after resetting the router. I think it's relevant to the number of customers of the ISP provider - if there is a lot of them, you get a new IP each time you establish the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by pedroxd View Post
    and what is the problem of users with 0 (zero) activity on the forum to vote? participants are just asking for its friends to vote for them. that is the same in all contests with votes.
    The problem is that in such contests it's no longer the creativity or quality which is the most important (like in this one). It's just about the number of your friends who gets involved. And why such contest "sucks" (as Knotic said)? Because it's hard to compete with people who has a lot of friends or just simply buy votes (it's very popular these days). It's not fair and the competition loses it's purpose. That's why I never participate in contests, where the winner is voted only by the audience. Most people are not fair...
    Last edited by pafflick; 07-03-2014 at 10:29 PM.

ROG Member Array

I agree with Knotic, if anyone can just ask as many friends as he likes, the votes would not depend on the quality of the submission, but rather on the social outreach of the person. Ideally you would want to have a totally equal number of members during the voting period (that means accounts created after the submission deadline wont be able to vote), so that each submission has the same number of potential voters.

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Worry not of this. As @Gorman has pointed out, this is Not the first ROG Rodeo .. WallPaper Contest.
    The @Asus folks know all the tricks and a few more that the 'thinks they're slicker' don't.
    They also retain the 'final' decision right which is .. hahahaa .. final.
    (Please) Keep this in the spirit it was meant, great fun, and as a bonus 'one' of us will Win an ASUS PB287Q 4k Monitor. .c.

ROG Member Array

Well anyway i have a new submission here:
    Link: http://picload.org/image/lpairgi/vray_rog_11.png

Space, the final frontier...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VRay_ROG_11_Low.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	193.6 KB 
ID:	38486

Last edited by jhonnyher; 07-04-2014 at 04:13 AM.

Last edited by jhonnyher; 07-04-2014 at 04:10 AM.

Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast