cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g74sx-bbk7 locking up on wake up

WhiteVulpine
Level 7
Does anyone else have the problem where after you wake your laptop up from hibernation it tends to lock up? I have to hard restart it and I am wondering if this is a software or hardware issue.
5 REPLIES 5

dstrakele
Level 14
I've had that problem in the past. Even though it has undergone improvements, I try to avoid sleep and hibernation now. I think your problem is definitely software and depends on how a specific application works with hibernation. I also think the more apps you have open, the greater the chance of a failure to resume from sleep or hibernation. Applications and drivers can also leak memory, not returning memory resources they have used when they complete operations or are shut down. I think the longer your system uptime, the greater chance of failure to resume from hibernation.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

That used to happen on my daughter's desktop from having Skype running when it went to sleep. In fact it happened on two desktops. Both ran Win7 and both crashed on waking up because of Skype
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Thank you for your replies, Ill stick to just shutting it down when I close the lid. ^_^

chrsplmr
Level 18
Is there a 'Repost S3 on Resume' in bios? Enabled?

And Welcome WhiteVulpine.c.

chrsplmr wrote:
Is there a 'Repost S3 on Resume' in bios? Enabled?

And Welcome WhiteVulpine.c.

The BIOS in this laptop is fairly bereft of settings. (probably a GOOD thing 😉 )
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com