cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What side of the G750 is the CPU on?

iammax
Level 7
I think my left fan is broken and my CPU temps are getting very high, but I'm not sure if that's correct... can someone tell me where the CPU is, physically?
5 REPLIES 5

KoolASUS
Level 7
I think the CPU fan - it's the one who goes on & off in a cycle - is at the left (when you are facing the screen) and the GPU fan at the right - this one only spins up when the GPU is hot.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/726296-asus-g750-disassembly.html

Try CoreTemp to check the CPU temps.

iammax
Level 7
Well in the last week or so the CPU temps (I've checked them in Speccy and HWMonitor) have been about 60 when idle and when I play a game or something (not even a super intensive game, I mean one like Payday 2 or Killing Floor) shoot up to 95 in like three minutes. There's never any hot air coming out of the left side, and it's always quiet, which is why I think the fan isn't working. Same for Mobo temps. GPU and HDD temps are normal, and I think they're on the right side.

Maxter
Level 9
Looking at Comp, CPU fan on left, GPU fan in right. 60C for idle is pretty high. Most people hover around 40-50 and around 70-80 for high load (gaming). There is a little software called Prime95 which you can use to do CPU stress tests (this should cause the fan to work crazy). Use Kombustor to stress test the GPU (in this case, the right fan should go crazy). You should also check that in the Windows power options the "cooling policy" is changed to "active". This way, the fans are allowed to go faster, specially during gaming.

iammax
Level 7
Yeah everything is on active cooling, I used a different stress tester (heavy load) and the CPU temps went crazy (95 in about a second)...left fan still did nothing.

I stress tested the GPU and the right fan went nuts, but temps stayed 70ish

Maxter
Level 9
if left fan is not turning on, it's a hardware failure. Take it for warranty fix. If no warranty open laptop and check if something is stopping the fan from moving, then check cables.