Threaded View

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

Quote Originally Posted by dblkk View Post
    Yea this is my fourth laptop now. Talked to Asus to try and get a actual temp limit from them and they gave me some tips on like running trim and other stuff. Even though everything I sent them was involving temps, but w/e. I wish I was still in amazons return policy, think I'm like 3 maybe 4 weeks in now. Yes I can RMA, really don't feel like sending it in to get a refurbished laptop back. If they'd send a new one or mine fixed alright, but I take very good care of it and worried if I do send it in ill get a refurbished with scratches or something all over it.

As far as optimism every game/program I've run needed to be run first before I could even add it into the 3d settings.

Ambient temps are in my house should be around 60 Fahrenheit. I took temps on first boot, then first min of burning/rendering, 4 min in 10 min in and just randomly throughout the entire 3 hour process, temps pretty much identical the entire time. Been happening since I got it. Idle is high, with one tab open I'm at 10 percent CPU and 55-65c. Gaming gets me 75-80c CPU and 75 gpu. That's titanfall or cod on ultra.
    dblkk, did you purchase using Prime? They are realllly lenient to let you return long after the normal date if you bought on Prime. Give it a try.

If that fails you can pierce through to the seller, and ask them if they would take it back or swap it for a good one - explain your situation with this laptop - I wouldn't bring up the other 3.

60F is pretty chilly, are you wearing a sweater?

idle means nothing is running at all, like 0%. Normal usage is hard to nail down to a shareable number, as there are a lot of variations on normal. Same for gaming. It is best to share totally idle, and then running the exact same software / template during a fixed / static run. Like prime95 or furmark or another fixed benchmark.

Those gaming temps seem ok to me... but the fact that you can make it go into thermal throttling isn't good.

If you have an otherwise good example of the JS, I understand why it is difficult to go back to the well again.